This job might no longer be available.
Head of People - 6 month Fixed Term Contract
16 days ago
The Head of People oversees the development and delivery of the People strategy. They are responsible for the supply of effective Human Resource services and advice which includes the design and implementation of policies, practices and strategic initiatives to ensure skilled and motivated people are recruited, retained, trained, empowered and promoted in every area of the studio.
As maternity cover, you will be expected to step into and fill the current Head of Peoples shoes. The interim Head of People will contribute regularly to organisational learning and strategy development, be an active member of the Senior Leadership Team , and will be responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the People strategy.
- Defining and implementing a dedicated People strategy
- Recruitment, both in headhunting key hires and managing the candidate pipeline from our various partners
- Owning the onboarding and induction process, ensuring full engagement of the process prior to the employee starting through to the probation period and beyond.
- Managing the People Team; ensuring they have the support and direction to continue to be successful in their roles.
- Completing or Initiating a range of projects focused on wellbeing, employee engagement and team cohesion in a remote-first studio
- Creating and implementing initiatives to improve our work environment, practices, and culture.
- As part of the leadership team, you will help to develop and coach our leads at all levels and facilitate our continuing drive for supreme work-life balance.
- Liaising with and helping our recruitment managers secure the best available people.
- Implementing human resources policies and procedures to make FuturLab the best place to work it can be.
- A commitment to continuous improvement of our Diversity and Inclusion policies, commitments and strategies.
- Supporting and coaching of all staff with line management responsibilities.
- Ensuring compliance with UK/EU laws and regulations where appropriate.
- Managing staff wellness and performance reviews.
- Motivating and supporting current staff.
- Maintaining staff records.
- Chartered MCIPD, at Level 7 CPD Diploma
- Thorough, up-to-date knowledge of employment law, HR policy and procedures
- Proven HR generalist experience on both strategic and operational level within the Games Industry
- An understanding, interest and passion for Games Development with an emphasis on what game developers need to thrive.
- Excellent attention to detail in terms of data, HR metrics, systems, and processes
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing, and presentation skills
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships and build networks with others including Senior Managers and Directors
- Experience in coaching and mentoring ideally with a recognized qualification
- Pragmatic and commercially minded, with the ability to quickly identify solutions and act on them
- Ability to test and challenge assumptions and make decisions confidently
- Composed, professional, committed, and a team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience of positively influencing change
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced commercially minded organisation
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience + performance related bonus
- Generous pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Free remote therapy service via Spill
- 21 days holiday, 8 bank holidays (plus our own FuturLab bank holiday) + 2 duvet days
- Extra days off over the Christmas period
- Bike2work scheme
- Free eye test + standard glasses for display work
- Staff referral bonus
- Regular social activities