Head of Operations, Amazon Game Growth
11 days ago
Amazon Game Growth is unlocking the power of Amazon to help gamers find and play games they love. As we accelerate our growth, we need a Head of Operations to foster a healthy development environment, make data-driven decisions, and drive our strategic planning. This role will lead a team to drive cross-org and multi-product operations in the digital retail space.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will set a vision that defines the operational strategy across several disparate product and central teams, lead a team to execute against that vision, measure results, and drive continuous improvement. You will consistently interact with cross-functional peers in Design, Product, Engineering, and QA. Through you, Amazon Game Growth will delight our customers by launching products with high speed, quality, and consistency.
About the team
Amazon Game Growth unlocks the power of Amazon to help connect gamers with games they love. We are expanding Amazon's capabilities to create seamless, digital-first gaming experiences. We succeed by creating a highly autonomous, diverse environment where people express their authentic self with the shared goal of winning together.
· 10+ years of experience in technical program management with a proven track record of delivering large and complex programs where you own the business or technical vision
· 5+ years of team leadership experience
· Experience with Agile or Kanban delivery
· Bachelor's degree in a related technical field (Computer Science, Software Engineering), or equivalent experience
· Familiarity with distributed systems and highly available services
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
· Demonstrated competence collaborating with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and lead the resolution of blocking issues
· Demonstrated competence to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, make data driven trade-offs, drive consensus, challenge technical assumptions, and leading engineering efforts to meet time sensitive timelines
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, including experience owning business goals and communicating effectively to executives.
· Ability to think strategically while providing direction to team leads and deep diving when necessary to stay on top of tactical execution and leading incremental innovation
· Ability to disambiguate complex business problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.