Head of Lighting & 3D DMP
7 days ago
Reporting to the Head of Creative Operations, along with the Department Manager, the Head of Department is responsible for day-to-day operations and long-term strategic management of the department.
Managing the team:
- Manage the training and integration of new artists into the existing team in accordance with the global needs of the business
- Recruiting and casting of Leads
- Cast and assign appropriate teams to the various projects, balancing the financial, technical and creative considerations of the task
- Nurture creative vision and technical ability, while ensuring balanced personal and professional development
- Assess performance of the team through appraisals (formal as well as informal), and manage career growth and promotions within the wider considerations of the company
Strategy and technical development:
- Have a compelling strategy and vision for the future of the department
- Keep up to date with industry developments and tools
- Ensure the department remains relevant in an ever changing global industry
- Propose and oversee the development of new tools, workflows or techniques as required for successful and efficient delivery of shows
- Monitor workflow and techniques used in the team
- Collaborate with other department heads to design workflows between their teams
- Report on workflows to the Head of Creative Operations
Show planning, maintenance and delivery:
- Work with the lead artists, supervisors and show production to bid or plan shots, and ensure the project methodologies, quality and schedule expectations are consistent and achievable
- Work with show teams to plan for future challenges and problem solve current issues
- Assist other artists, departments and supervisors solve issues as they arise during production, delegating work where necessary
- Create good communication channels with other departments, show production and senior management to ensure complex information is disseminated appropriately
- Ensure that work is delivered to FEV’s global standards, on time and on budget
- A strong technical background within Lighting or Digital Matte Painting is essential, along with proven leadership and management experience in a leading VFX company or associated industry.
- Up-to-date knowledge of VFX tools and emerging technologies
- Strong technical understanding of CG pipelines and the ability to develop efficient workflows related to layout and layout presentation and identify additional tools required
- Expert skills in cameras, layout, animation blocking, scene assembly and composition and cinematography are required. Experience in matchmove also highly desirable.
- Understanding real time visualization tools, knowledge of Unity is a plus
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Exercise patience, problem-solving and mediation skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and conflict with composure
- Ability to work in an inclusive and diverse organization
- Strong creative ability and flair
- Strong sense of aesthetic
- Excellent team building skills
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of financial impacts of business decisions
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global VFX studio with decades of storytelling experience across the feature film and episodic industries, with award-winning highlights including The Lion King, 1917, The Mandalorian, and Wandavision.
MPC’s global network of artists is constantly innovating to bring unimaginable ideas to life through cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity. Part of the Technicolor Creative Studios network, MPC continues to lead the visual arts industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across screens worldwide.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.