Head of Group Reporting
12 days ago
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
This is an exciting opportunity to run our Financial Reporting processes at Jagex. Reporting to the Director of Financial Operations, this role is responsible for producing our internal and external financial reporting with a focus on delivering high quality and timely financial information to all stakeholders.
This role will support the Director of Finance Operations in key financial control activities such as balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow analysis, tax compliance and treasury activities. The role has one direct report.
Key Duties Include:
- Leadership & Management
- Management responsibility for one qualified direct report
- Drive a business culture of enhanced respect and consideration for financial process and control in relation to financial reporting
- Maintain high standards of work with superb attention to detail and a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems
- Management Reporting
- Produce draft Group management accounts in line with internal reporting deadlines together with supporting schedules and extracts for the monthly finance presentation
- Oversee the Group consolidation model including non-operational entities and the intercompany reconciliation process
- Assist in developing the standard suite of monthly financial reporting, and by engaging the FP&A team incorporate budget and forecast variance analysis at a consolidated level
- Work closely with the Operations Finance Manager to align our transactional accounting processes with key compliance and reporting requirements
- Statutory Reporting, Audit & Tax
- Manage our external reporting requirements in conjunction with all relevant statutory and corporate guidelines
- Act as the primary point of contact for audit fieldwork support to ensure statutory accounts are signed off in line with our committed deadlines
- Support the Director of Finance Operations with key year end accounting papers, estimates and judgements including revenue recognition and impairment reviews.
- Assist with periodic VAT return reviews and the use of external corporation tax advisors
- Financial Control
- Support the Director of Finance Operations in establishing a strong financial control framework, with a focus on embedding that ethos across the finance team and wider stakeholders
- Document, understand and challenge key business processes such as Procure to Pay and Revenue Recognition cycles
- Qualified Accountant with 5-10 years post qualification experience
- Previous experience in a hands-on finance leadership role including preparing accurate financial information to strict deadlines
- Excellent understanding of what appropriate best practice should look like
- Comfortable working with large and dynamic data sets, often with deeply complex and embedded processes
- Experience with implementing new finance systems and COA design
- Strong collaboration and communication skills characterised by a diplomatic and consultative approach, used to working with senior finance stakeholders
- Proactive and self-motivated with the genuine drive and commitment to improve the effectiveness of reporting processes and business control processes.
- Ability to use initiative, anticipate issues and proactively develop systems and processes to mitigate risk.
- To behave always in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams, and work requirements.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.