Head of Global Marketing Creative-Shanghai
9 days ago
Riot Games is now a multi-game studio and next on the list...becoming THE entertainment company of the 21st century. As a result, Global Marketing Creative (GMC) was born to better support all of our Global Marketing Creative needs. And to be truly global we are building a GMC HUB in Shanghai.
As Head of GMC-Shanghai you will report to the Head of GMC-LAX . You will partner directly with our marketing leads in our Shanghai office to create content that introduces players to our games, helps them understand what to expect from their gameplay experiences, and gets them excited to play more. You'll own not just the final content but the processes and teams that create it. You will collaborate with internal and external creative teams and production partners to develop and deliver world-class, global creative experiences that meet strategic goals of publishing in multiple products, such as League of Legends , League of Legends: Wild Rift , Teamfight Tactics , VALORANT , and Legends of Runeterra . And this is a unique opportunity, you will be helping us build the team, and ensure that all of our creatives have meaningful touchpoints with GMC-LAX.
- Build GMC Shanghai team, from recruiting, to hiring to management
- Guide, mentor, and lead with vision and a humble approach that inspires the GMC Shanghai team
- Ensure GMC Shanghai team is connected to GMC, LAX, APAC and more, working in close collaboration on global marketing campaigns and content
- Set and uphold the bar for creative craft excellence
- Translate marketing creative briefs into content that delivers on business goals
- Collaborate with creative directors, writers, producers, editors, directors, artists, and more to deliver creative that surprises and delights our players
- Use the knowledge of in-house and external experts to develop high quantity and quality global digital advertising/user acquisition assets across platforms and social media channels
- Develop and present creative concepts to product leads and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree or demonstrated equivalent
- 12+ years of building and leading successful creative teams in games marketing or creative agency
- Award winning portfolio that demonstrates a proven track record of developing 360 campaigns from strategic creation to final delivery while building the foundation of a brand identity with a unique creative platform
- Experience collaborating across multiple marketing craft disciplines from Brand, Creative, Comms and Channels
- Experience managing other creatives, as well as managers and leaders of teams.
- Level-headed approach to change management, conflict resolution and patience through the fluctuating creative development process
- Fluent in spoken English and Mandarin
- PC, Console, and Mobile games marketing experience
- Expertise with Project Management tools (ie. Airtable, Favro, Smartsheets) and DAMs (ie. Iconik, Brandfolder) for database management, tracking, and archiving
- Understand what gaming competitors are doing to promote acquisition, fandom, and engagement
- Experience managing 360 creative marketing campaigns for game launches
Relationship to Games:
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.