Head of Data Infrastructure - Video/Amazon IVS
28 days ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS) is a managed live video service, within Amazon Web Services (AWS), built on top of Twitch Video. It has one of the world's largest live video networks. IVS powers the many developers and companies that are using live video to uniquely engage and build communities, just as it does for Twitch, where more than a billion hours are streamed live each month.
You will report into the Video/IVS team and lead the software and data engineering team that will design, develop, and run the data infrastructure to meet the ever growing needs of our business. This team builds and operates the technology that powers the event ingestion system handling trillions of weekly video events, a multi-petabyte data lake, and complex applications on top, which supply our customers with uninterrupted access to clean data and insights. Your team enables outcomes for all data producers and consumers across engineering, product, and business. This includes powering inputs for data scientists generating insights for product managers and business leaders, and for applied scientists building machine learning based product enhancements. You will craft the data vision for a fast-growing enterprise service, including creating the foundation to offer our video data as a product for our enterprise customers.
If you are experienced in distributed systems and cloud data infrastructure at consumer web scale, bring your passion and leadership to grow our enterprise cloud service. You will work in our San Francisco office, but we will also consider other locations including Seattle (WA), Salt Lake City (UT), Vancouver (BC), or US-Virtual.
- Develop the data infrastructure vision for the business
- Work with Video/IVS/Twitch teams to enhance/extend a tech framework that ingests high volume of video event data to support data science and machine learning
- Manage a highly scalable Big Data architecture, and enhance advanced data models and analytic frameworks
- Establish and own data governance, and implement tools to provide governance (data catalog and lineage)
- Create applications with the ability to do searches, real-time alerts, and high throughput APIs on large datasets
- Grow your team to build an outstanding data stack, and advocate for your team and technologies
- Experience in software and data engineering
- Knowledge of pioneering data technologies and architecture design to achieve performance at scale
- 10+ years of hands-on experience building petabyte scale data platforms and Big Data architecture using AWS and open source services in the cloud like Kinesis/Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch
- 2+ years of leading teams in data engineering, infrastructure or platforms
- Real-life production experience creating architectural frameworks and tools for Data and Applied Science teams to build, train, and scale machine learning models
- Experience building CI/CD framework for data teams using tools like Airflow, Luigi, and DBT
- Experience in one or more programming languages like Go, Python
- Bachelors/Masters in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
- Experience with real-time video streaming event data, and in architecting data lakes for enterprise cloud services
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The pay range for this position in Colorado and Connecticut is $163,200 - $240,200 yr ; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience . A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act and CT House Bill Number 6380. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Job ID: TW6967
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.