Lead Data (Data Science) - Blitz
25 days ago
Voodoo is a tech company that creates mobile games and apps. With 7 billion downloads and over 150 million monthly active users, Voodoo is the #3 mobile publisher worldwide in terms of downloads after Google and Meta.
The company is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having raised over $1B and backed by Goldman Sachs, Tencent, and GBL.
Voodoo is now a team of over 750 employees worldwide, we’re looking for talented individuals from across the globe to come and entertain the world with us.
Our teams are creating innovative and entertaining apps for everyday life. The apps we create are downloaded and used by millions of people around the world, with a central focus on the US.
Blitz is a gaming platform launched by Voodoo in 2021, allowing players to compete in mobile games for real cash prizes (head-up, tournaments, leagues, etc.). It is leveraging Voodoo’s unique game portfolio as well as exclusive games crafted for Blitz to engage users in a fun and rewarding way.
We are looking for a talented Lead Data, deeply passionate about algorithms, data science, data-driven decisions and transforming raw data into clear actionable business insights, who will play a key role in the development of Blitz, our real-money gaming platform.
- Analyzing large, complex data sets representing the behavior of hundreds of thousands of players to address strategic and operational business questions
- Provide actionable recommendations and conclusions from our ab tests to shape our game economy and product roadmap
- Take the lead on our matchmaking and segmentation efforts
- Lead the data analyst in charge of working on our dashboards and reports to facilitate the understanding of the key business metrics
- Start our effort toward better game experience balancing to provide state-of-the-art gaming experience to our players
- Data: Athena, Redshift, Airflow, DBT, Tableau/Redash
- Blitz App & backend: AWS Cloud Services: S3, DynamoDB, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, SES, Kubernetes, Lambda
- Ops: Jenkins, Git (Github/Bitbucket), AWS CLI, Microservices architecture, Continuous delivery
- Database: SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB), MongoDB
- Cache: Redis
- Mobile: iOS, Android
- Productivity: Trello, Slack, Notion, Discord, GDrive
- Python environment
- You have a passion for mass-market mobile apps and games
- BA/B.Sc in Statistics / Math / Engineering/ Economy or other quantitative fields
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science
- Ability to turn complex concepts into actionable recommendations
- True passion for understanding consumers’ social gaming behavior and tolerance for ambiguity
- Experience setting up tracking and a/b testing plan for a mobile application or game
- Be fluent in French and English
- Experience in the Gaming industry, especially with mobile casual games, is a plus
- Experience in the Gambling industry, is a plus
- Experience working with Mixpanel, is a plus
- Advanced knowledge in statistical tools and models, is a plus
Benefits: competitive salary, lunch vouchers, healthcare, child day care, wellness activities, unlimited vacation policy, remote days.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.