Outsourcing Hard Surface Artist
17 days ago
Established in 2004, Lakshya Digital, a Keywords Studio, is the largest interactive entertainment and game development services studio in South Asia. We have game production studios in Gurgaon and Pune, and business offices in Tokyo, Japan and San Diego, California.
Our continued success is fueling the need to support overseas growth in India and Japan, as well as further expansion in the US. We are looking for top quality talent to become part of our studio in Redmond, WA, to help facilitate this effort. If you have grown weary of working on the same project doing the same thing from year to year, or if you are interested in experiencing what it is like to simultaneously work on a variety of projects, then dust off your resume, polish up your portfolio and send it to us for consideration.
As a Hard Surface Artist, you will be an important part of our art team, working to ensure that we are creating and delivering the highest quality content for our clients. The ideal candidate will be able to create content and perform art reviews as needed. Being comfortable with current asset creation tools and pipeline will be important as well as the ability to quickly grasp new proprietary software. Our Hard Surface artist must be organized, detail oriented and have excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills. Previous experience working at a Game Developer is a huge plus.
- Work with team leads to create content at or above client specification and timelines.
- Supporting communication between PMs, Artists, External Artists and in some cases Clients.
- Support the Project Managers, leads, and fellow artists in developing detailed Pre-Production documentation for Artists and estimates.
- Depending on the project needs, able to create assets in a variety of software packages including, Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Must be able to understand a client aesthetic and support the visual communication to the external artists.
- May be needed to support and participate in client meetings.
- Comfortable working with and supporting small teams of external artists (1-5 people) – under supervision of internal Art Leads.
- Associates Degree required. BA or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ industry experience with at least one title shipped in a similar role.
- A sound understanding of current-gen game content development processes, tools, pipelines, scene management, limitations, and dependencies.
- Skilled with all current tools and technologies; Maya and Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, etc.3D sculpting, modeling, texturing, and material creation skills for creating either characters, environments, or props.
- Proven ability to produce top quality content, using current generation game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.).
- Experience with issue tracking tools like JIRA, Shotgun a plus.
- Good eye for color, light, and visual design. Able to understand a project aesthetic.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities
- Convenient location in Redmond
- Open/No Cost parking