Hello there! Moonshot is looking for a Hard Surface Artist!
Does building large, fantastic vehicles brimming with exotic mechanical elements and modularity excite you? How about fun gameplay items and assets full of character and charm? As a Hard Surface Modeler here at Moonshot, your artistic contributions will have a huge impact on the overall look and help shape the player experience . You’ll collaborate closely with our design and visual development departments to model and texture large and small creations rich in personality. Your development experience and artistic input will further define our development pipelines and elevate the vision applied to our in-game spaces. If this sounds up your alley, we’d love to talk to you!
Moonshot Games is a new studio based in Irvine, California. We love games and believe in their unique superpower to create personal, unforgettable stories that bring friends and the community closer together. We are building a culture of shared ownership where everyone gets a chance to weigh in and help set direction for the game. Our studio is in its early days, which means there’s tons of opportunity to have a big impact on what we are making as well as in the overall direction of the company. Most importantly, we know our games will be at their best when a variety of voices, identities and perspectives go into their creation, so come join us!
What your day to day will look like…
- Model large complex low poly hard surface assets with curved surfaces, along with modular components for interior structures and for set dressing
- Texture assets by creating and using trim texturing and mesh decals
- Collaborate with the art & design team in partnership with the lead to create assets that meet our aesthetic goals and fit visually within the context of the game
- Create blueprints from modular components, material instances, and manage a library across multiple assets
Some of the things you bring to the table…
- Excitement and passion around hard surface model ing and texturing
- Proficiency with Maya or equivalent modeling program
- Experience with Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and/or Photoshop
- Basic experience or knowledge of trim texturing and mesh decal pipelines
- Sub-D Modeling experience
- Unreal Engine or applicable engine experience
- Experience with Zbrush or alternate sculpting programs
- Experience or interest lighting environments in real-time settings
- Passion and/or experience set dressing
- Basic knowledge of rigging, animation, and VFX
The base salary range for this position i s $72,786 to $121,310 U SD per year, which is associated with our level 2 salary band . The range listed for this position is just one component of Dreamhaven’s total compensation package for team members and exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience. Total compensation also includes equity, comprehensive benefits and will also include profit sharing in the future.
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice