Mid HTML5 Game Programmer
Amber Mexico is looking for a Mid HTML5 Game Programmer to join our team! Are you ready for this challenge?
Here at Amber, we are self-empowered, entrepreneurial business partners. We love working collectively and helping each other achieve greatness within our games. We constantly learn and improve ourselves because we aim high. If you share our vision, join us!
As a HTML5 developer, you will be responsible for planning and implementing game functionality, building the game code, identifying bottlenecks, and ensuring the quality of the finished product. You may also be required to build patches and install game updates.
- Implement game functionality as per communicated design
- Write code that is readable, debuggable and easy to maintain
- Help performing peer code reviews
- Translate design specification into functional game
- Communicate with other team members to establish effective pipeline and integrate media assets
- Actively seek to help your teammates
- Actively participate in planning meetings
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications/games
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 or more years of experience in game development.
- Experience working with HTML and CSS.
- Familiarity with level design and planning .
- Experience with game physics .
- Experience with mobile game development
- Experience optimizing memory and space usage .
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with current design and architectural patterns
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proficient knowledge of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, etc.)
- Agile Methodology experience
- Proficient in writing communication (Know how to document its own work)
NICE TO HAVE:
- Shipped at least one mobile title
- Good understanding of cross-platform game development
- Physics networking knowledge
- Understanding of client-server communication & socket-based network protocols
- Team player
- Eager to improve yourself
- Passionate about game quality
- Open and honest