1 month ago
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. Every month, more than 115 million people around the world have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive digital experiences. We believe in building a safe, civil, and diverse community—one that inspires and fosters creativity and positive relationships between people around the world.
We are committed to building the next generation of entertainment—allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in an endless array of user-generated worlds. All of these experiences are built by the Roblox community, made up of over two million creators.
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role and contribute to the meteoric success of Roblox. We want team members who believe in the power of play and take it seriously, but aren’t afraid to have fun while they’re doing it. Are you ready to take Roblox – and your career – to the next level?
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction “people operating system”. We want to inspire people at Roblox to confidently take on challenging problems and allow them to push the envelope while providing what is needed to accelerate their development.
We take a strong quantitative and analytical stance on building and optimizing this operating system. The HRBP Director will join a group of HRBPs who are focused on making that vision a reality. The role will partner with a group of senior leaders and their organizations supporting and evolving Roblox’s unique approach to leadership, people development, and organizational design and culture.
This is an IC role. Nevertheless, as we are growing aggressively as a company, we are looking for people who can step into leadership roles and have a proven track record in building high performing teams.
- Establish yourself as a competent, knowledgeable, trusted, reliable partner for the leaders and employees of your client organization.
- Work closely with leaders across the company to understand and conceptualize their specific business, organizational and people situation.
- Based on that you will support them with insights and recommendations in the people space using an analytical and fact-based approach.
- Plan, drive, execute and monitor the effectiveness of these solutions.
- Assume shared responsibility for the organizational and cultural health of your client groups and the effectiveness of its leadership team(s).
- Collaboratively partner with other functions and teams like Finance, Communications, IT, Facilities to provide integrated solutions to your clients.
- This role reports to the VP Head of People and will be part of the people leadership team.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 5 years of experience as an HRBP or similar role.
- You are a team player, low-ego and highly collaborative. You get energized by engaging with people, helping them grow and see them thrive.
- Emotional intelligence, ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment, open to changes in focus and direction.
- You can quickly establish rapport with different personalities and build and refine trusting and open partnerships with leaders and people across an organization.
- You are able to credibly consult (listen, understand, influence) with people at all levels (including senior leadership) in a quantitative, no-BS environment.
- Proven record of building, leading and engaging a diverse, high performing team.
- You are a strongly structured problem solver. If you like to conceptualize problem spaces as systems and are a “model thinker” that’ll be an advantage.
- You have good analytical and quantitative skills, are comfortable using data and analytics to solve problems or substantiate your suggestions. Some statistics say standard deviations, correlations, etc. is an advantage.
- Broad knowledge and hands-on experience with organizational design and development is a plus.
- Experience with leadership effectiveness, dynamics of the leadership team and coaching leaders is a plus.
- Good understanding of fundamental business and financial concepts and a history of effectively collaborating with Finance teams.
- Excellent benefits
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully-stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination