HR and Ops Manager
8 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Jam City is searching for a candidate who drives local recruitment and office activities; resolves employee relations issues; monitors compliance; and oversees company HR programs and special projects that support the Jam City’s goals. The position provides coaching and guidance for HR-related matters to employees at all levels in the organization. This person acts as a role model by consistently demonstrating the highest level of professionalism, performance, and ethical integrity.
This role will work cross functionally across:
- Partner with the Sr. Manager to develop and execute strategic recruiting initiatives that support staffing goals
- Support employer branding strategy by updating content on the Jam City careers website and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram)
- Provide direct recruiting support for all Berlin based positions and manages the recruiting process (coordinating interviews, interacting with candidates, providing hiring managers with comprehensive interview summaries, and processing background and reference checks)
- Onboards all new hires
- Work in partnership with HR HQ to investigate, document, and resolve employee relations issues
- Evaluate the complexity and risk factors associated with each employee relations issue and escalate complicated matters to the VP, HR
- Coordinate, implement and monitor mandated trainings
GENERAL HR SUPPORT
- Provide day-to-day support with general HR questions and inquires
- Oversee applicant tracking and HRIS system and provide administrative support
- Create and generate HR reports as needed
HR PROGRAMS & PROJECTS
- Oversee new and current HR programs and special projects
- Provide input on future HR projects and initiatives that drive organizational goals
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve efficiencies with HR processes
- Oversees all office activities : catering, snacks, vendor relations, parking, etc.
- Acts as the day-to-day contact for all employee office needs
- Coordinates all office processes, inventory, repairs, and maintenance
- Liaison between corporate office and other office locations
- Provides management and coordination support for office events and major meetings
- Facilitate office and workstation assignments, relocations and internal moves
- Improves and/or implements new processes to constantly improve flow and function of the office
- Assists with reception, greeting visitors/deliveries
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Focus on providing excellent service to create a great employee experience
- Decision making; ability to objectively gather and use information to resolve problems from a position of non-bias
- Ability to provide coaching and guidance at varying levels within the organization
- Demonstrate organizational citizenship by supporting organizational goals while minimizing risk
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism by acting as a role model for work performance, ethical conduct, and respect for others
- Ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is a leader in mobile entertainment, providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to broad global audiences.
Jam City was founded in 2009 by MySpace co-founder and CEO Chris DeWolfe and former 20th Century Fox executive Josh Yguado.
Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest grossing and most enduring social gaming franchises for mobile, including Cookie Jam (Facebook “Game of the Year” winner) and Panda Pop.
Jam City is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands including Harry Potter, Family Guy, and Marvel Avengers. Jam City has eight studios around the globe including Los Angeles (HQ), Burbank, San Francisco, San Diego, Toronto, Bogotá, Berlin, and Buenos Aires.
The Jam City team is known for its creative excellence and technological innovation in key areas including storytelling, data science, and audience insights.