This job might no longer be available.
Montreal QC ca
6 months ago
The person in this position will act as an advisor to the managers and employees of Ubisoft. They will optimize the management of Human Resources as well as contribute to maintaining a favourable work environment to encourage team development and to support departmental goals.
What you’ll do
Contributing to the development and maintenance of the studio’s strategic vision
- Support managers in the application of human resources strategies, in line with the organizational vision and team objectives;
- Collaborate with managers to create an innovative and inclusive work environment;
- Act as a facilitator in change management;
- Ensure communications process runs smoothly from management to their teams when transmitting information received from the executive level.
Daily HR operations
- Offer coaching and support to managers on various aspects of managing their teams in terms of HR management (performance reviews, working relationships, etc.);
- Ensure conformity throughout HR practices regarding employment laws and regulations;
- Intervene and offer guidance to managers in conflict situations (both with individuals and with teams);
- Deploy, communicate, and apply overall remuneration practices for all departments (bonuses, promotions, etc.);
- Advise and support departments in the annual salary review process;
- Coordinate annual performance reviews with managers for each department;
- Work with HR experts to implement HR programs and objectives.
Offer support to the Core team and/or the management teams
- Participate in hiring interviews for positions in the Core Team and/or within the management teams;
- Provide information, as needed, on the roles and responsibilities related to positions and help define new roles;
- Participate in conflict resolution and propose proactive approaches as well as solutions in response to management issues;
- Identify employee succession for Core teams and contribute to the business development plan;
- Coordinate employee training and development, in collaboration with the Development Department, for members of the Core team;
- Contribute ideas and to the drafting of the Brand Road Map;
- Collaborate and support the Producer and/or Executive Producer and/or Director in identifying key employees (Key People).
Ensuring the balance of power among teams
- Facilitate the orientation and integration of new employees among teams;
- Facilitate employee experiences in the field;
- Coordinate and facilitate the ongoing development and career evolution for members of each team, in partnership with the Development Team;
- Monitor the work climate within teams, perform evaluations and find solutions that allow the team to evolve and to function effectively;
- Facilitate team collaboration and participate, alongside managers, to develop a sense of belonging with teams;
- Be receptive to requests made by the employees and refer them, as needed, to HR360.
What you bring to the team
- University-level training in Industrial Relations or Human Resources;
- 7 years or more of relevant work experience in Human Resources;
- Member of the ORHRI, an asset;
- Experience in creative fields, as asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Solid experience in conflict resolution;
- Highly competent in problem solving and ability to make quick decisions;
- Able to work with many parties at once;
- Proven creativity, motivation and innovation in problem solving;
- Known to work effectively in environments under constant evolution.
- Strong knowledge of Québec’s Act on labour standards (Employment Standards Act)
- Bilingual, written and oral (English and French)
- Experience with Halogen an asset
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.