This job might no longer be available.
HR Operations Specialist (Temporary)
11 days ago
Job Title:HR Operations Specialist (Temporary)
Job Title: HR Operations Specialist (Temporary)
Department: Human Resources
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
*Please note, this is for 6-month, temporary contract
The HR Operations Specialist is responsible for day-to-day human resource maintenance within specific business groups and/or functions. Our goal is to ensure exceptional customer service in responding to questions and resolving issues, timely HR Systems employee life cycle data entry, electronic employee file and HR records maintenance, and assistance with various HR special projects. This hire will also be the designated support to our AP Studios team of HR Business Partners.
Process employee life cycle HR system data transactions for a specific group and/or function to include but not limited to new hire, employee changes, payroll, and separations.
- Answer client group/HR questions and resolve issues ensuring exceptional customer service satisfaction
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of HR programs, plans, policies, and processes, payroll, and HR systems
- Meet and exceed performance and service level metrics for timeliness, accuracy, and customer service
- Maintain HR Records to include personnel files and other employee documents
- Create, provide, and distribute documents, agreements, and letters as requested
- Support various processes such as I-9, AAP, Employment Verifications and Unemployment claim inquiries
- Perform audits and controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, Wage and Hour, and HR policies and procedures
- Follow Standard Operations Procedures (SOPs) and process workflows. Participate and contribute to the pro-active review and implementation of process improvements
- Initiate, enter, and manage employee changes, promotions, exits, etc. on behalf of the ABHR business partners
- Assist with reporting on annual HR processes such as performance appraisal or compensation planning
- In partnership with talent acquisitions, administrative team, Facilities, and IT, coordinate new hire onboarding for ABHR client groups
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in HR / Business or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years at the HR Specialist level, within an HR Operations and/or Shared Services environment - payroll processing experience a plus
- Enterprise HR ERP system required - Workday preferred
- Advanced Word and Excel software skills
- Exceptional detail orientation and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be customer-focused and have strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.