10 days ago
Studio Gobo is an established AAA games studio, part of the Keywords family. Our team has worked on multiple world class projects for companies such as Tencent, Disney, Ubisoft and Warner Bros. Projects include Hogwarts Legacy, Synced: Off-Planet, For Honor, Marvel Super Heroes: Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire playsets for Disney Infinity 3.0.
The HR manager will have full responsibility for all aspects of Studio Gobos HR and report into the Head of Studio.
At Studio Gobo, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Studio Gobo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer you a comprehensive benefits package and an award-winning environment to work in, rating 4.9 out of 5 stars for employee satisfaction on glassdoor.com!
An HR Manager at Studio Gobo...
Will work in partnership with all Studio managers in order to effectively enable them to develop and maintain capability and achieve high standards of performance in all our people, leading to greater business performance.
The majority of the HR Manager’s role will be focused on Employee Relations. You will be responsible for supporting the Senior Leadership team and Managers with the day-to-day HR of the studio including:
- Employee Relations – Support and monitor teams to ensure local ER issues (sickness, performance, timekeeping/attendance, conflict management, conduct, holidays etc.) are managed appropriately and in a timely manner. Coaching team members on ER issues and involving the Leadership Team as and when required. Support the teams with the integration of policy changes.
- Capability – working with managers to identify development needs for their teams and mentor/coach managers to identify appropriate solutions including training, performance reviews etc.
- Performance – driving high standards of people and business performance through performance management, succession and manpower planning (assisting Department Heads), talent management (working with Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure planned talent attraction and retention). Advise on required interventions to manage underperforming areas.
- Organisation Design & Development – support and/or co-ordinate, as appropriate, any organisational changes in line with company policy, legislation and company values.
- Working closely with the Operations team to enhance our studio culture, plus ensure studio best practices and processes are upheld.
- Working closely with Keyword Studios global HR Team and acting as the Studio point of contact for all HR issues. Supporting HR strategy for the senior leadership team and the studio in line with Keywords Studios’ direction.
- Support and delivery of internal training content alongside the Operations Team.
- Responsible for developing and managing the HR Function.
Things we'd love to see from you:
- Excellent ability to organize and structure own workload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven experience of working with and influencing middle and senior management. Plus, an ability to build rapport across all levels.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent degree or experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of Employment Law legislation and HR practices.
- Can demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions and new approaches, plus proactively initiate change and continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Please also let us know if you have:
- Experience of dealing with employee relations relating to remote/hybrid working.
- Knowledge of Employee Visa/Sponsorship Programmes.
- Experience of working in a technology and/or fast-growing business.
When you join Studio Gobo you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by our in-house chef. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Studio Gobo invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as a Studio Gobo team member.
- Holidays - 22 days’ annual leave entitlement, plus 3 days’ studio closure over the Christmas period, giving a total of 25 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Studio Gobo, to a maximum of 5 extra days!
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Visa & Relocation Package - For qualified employees, we will pay for the visa costs for you and your family. We will also provide you with a relocation allowance.
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award-winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP) - ESPP is an easy way for staff to get involved in entry level company ownership or make a small profit on savings.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Private Healthcare.
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our Dental plan company scheme.
- Group Income Protection
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their work, health, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Volunteer Time Off ‘Studio Gobo in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
- Cycle & Tech Scheme – Receive up to £3000 worth of goodies as part of this salary sacrifice scheme.
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest-free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Health and Wellbeing Allowance - £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities.
- Fast Growing Studio – Plenty of room for career advancement
- Industry Conferences Budget – A generous annual studio conferences budget. Many of our employees benefit from attending conferences such as GDC, E3 or SIGGRAPH, THU, Develop etc every year.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Inspire & Motive Programme - Offering training opportunities, inspiring workshops and industry conferences.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Gobo Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Full Chefs Kitchen & Equipment – Free use of our large full-sized chef’s kitchen ideal for whipping up a quick snack or a culinary feast.
- World Famous Free Lunches – Every Friday our studio enjoys a studio lunch together. Cooked in-house by our very own chef with meat, vegan and gluten free options available every week.
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats!
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Gobo Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic! Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to!
- In-house Social Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Spacious Industrial Chic Studio Space – Many visitors comment on what an amazing studio space we have. We’ve invested a lot of time, thought and money into our studio. And we get to work in this space every day. Our working environment makes an incredible difference in our mood and productivity.
- Dogs with Jobs – Studio Gobo is a dog-friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Monthly Studio Social Nights – Once per month the studio plays host to the biggest party in Brighton & Hove (probably). The drinks fridge is open for all. Invite a loved one to join us for food, drinks and anything in an array of board games, Smash Bros tournaments, 10-person Overwatch multiplayer bouts, Beer Pong or even a bit of karaoke.
- Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)