We are looking for a talented HR Generalist to help offices & team members within East Asia. This person will work within a tightly knit global HR team, and play an integral role within our Korean office. The main responsibilities for this role will include payroll, managing working hours, total rewards packages, recruiting, scheduling internal or external meetings, creating and maintaining personnel files, updating company documents (such as employee handbook, HR roadmap, processing forms, etc), planning events and other ad hoc projects. It is vital that the chosen candidate is organized, diligent, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete payroll and other financial reporting as needed, on a timely basis
- Assist with preliminary recruiting and all correspondence with candidates
- Assist with scheduling of candidates with Hiring Committee or stakeholders, creating agendas, managing calendars, following up with invitations, confirming attendance, and collecting feedback after the interview
- Responsible for pre employment communication, onboarding, and continued support for new hires
- Manage confidential and time sensitive materials
- Manage employee records both physical and electronic, updating as necessary and in accordance with federal and state laws
- Handling department billing and invoices
- Answering employees’ questions and provide requested information
- Maintaining, scheduling, and coordinating calendar activities
- Create job postings for external websites
- Coordinate reference checks as required
- Planning large and small events such as Speaker Series, holiday parties, remote care packages and others as needed
- Responsible for coordinating all office operations and procedures, and championing organizational efficiency throughout their regional location
- Serves as a strategic liaison between the regional offices and Headquarters. Including but not limited to Special Events, Business Technologies, and Talent Acquisition
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Work with VP of HR daily to ensure HR tasks are completed for the local office as well as other global offices
- Review and summarize human resource contracts for the company and it's employees
- Manage documentation as well as internal and external discussions for employee immigration cases
- Create and implement internship program for per department requests
- Develop and implement learning opportunities for employees such as manager trainings, guest speakers, tailored training courses
- Manage a small team consisting of up to Office Manager and Junior HR Generalist
- 3+ years of Administrative or Human Resources Support experience in a fast-paced environment
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
- Read, write, and speak English at a business level or above
- Prior recrutiing experience
- Strong customer service and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, planning and prioritizing, and time-management skills
- Proficient in Google Suite (Meet, Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc.)
- Ability to collaborate and communicate within all levels of the company as well as applicants
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment and prioritize assignments and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects
- Forward thinking and taking the initiative to anticipate the needs of department/team
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Data-driven mindset
- Maintain confidentiality
- Preferred but not required: ability to speak Chinese
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in in-game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Xsolla is headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, and cities worldwide. Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, Take-Two, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, and more.
For additional information and to learn more, please visit xsolla.com
Xsolla is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on the following: Race, color, Ancestry, national origin, Religion, creed, Age, Disability, mental and physical, Sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), Sexual orientation, Gender identity, gender expression, Medical condition, Genetic information, Marital status, Military and veteran status, and any other terms deemed by the State of California.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to email@example.com.
L ongevity O pportunity V ision E njoy the game!