This job might no longer be available.
28 days ago
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
We are seeking a experienced HR Director to manage our organization in the Stockholm Studio. Your role will be pivotal in crafting an environment where our team can continue to innovate and enjoy their journey through employment. We are in search of a strategic yet tactical HR director or as we call it People Operations Director who can strategically shape our Talent landscape & workplace environment, focusing on enhancing the employee journey and experience, all tailored for the Swedish market.
As the People Operations Director, your primary responsibility is to craft a workspace that nurtures top talent & team innovation and to deliver an exceptional employment journey.
You'll work closely with our leaders and managers to provide them with the tools needed to keep our team members engaged, motivated, and purpose-driven. Mojang Studios operates across two locations: Stockholm and Redmond, US, necessitating collaboration and stakeholder management across time zones and occasional travel.
This position has a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Managing our excellent People Operation team as a visionary leader
- Part of Studio Leadership Team, facilitating our Studio Leadership team's strategic initiatives and operational delivery
- Leveraging data-informed HR practices to guide strategic decisions.
- Guiding the Employee Life Cycle, fostering a culture of engagement and recognition at every stage.
- Delivering a top-tier Talent strategy for a highly Tech oriented organization from attraction to retention creating true value in Employee experience
- Drafting and refining HR policies, balancing our culture with legal compliance and trade union collaboration.
- Innovating our Performance and Development processes to support our team's growth and success.
- Building strong relationships with trade unions for effective collaboration.
- Overseeing Facilities Management to ensure a creative and cooperative workspace.
A minimum of 10 years of HR leadership experience, including experience in negotiating and working with trade unions.
Proven expertise in Talent strategy and managing the Employee Lifecycle in a dynamic environment.
Exceptional communication skills, proficiency in both Swedish and English.
A strategic mindset and strong analytical skills for effective People Operations.
Familiarity with HRIS and talent management technologies is advantageous.
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field; a Master’s degree or HR certification is a plus.
- A leadership role within a renowned gaming studio.
- Competitive base salary and bonus plan tailored for the Swedish market.
- Comprehensive healthcare and insurance coverage.
- A pension plan mirroring ITP1.
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth.
Apply for Your Mojang Adventure:
If you are an experienced HR leader with a passion for people and a track record of union collaboration, we encourage you to apply. Mojang Studios is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we are an equal opportunity employer. We invite individuals from all backgrounds to be part of our world and join us on this exciting journey.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!
Important note on resumes
Please make sure that all the information in your resume is accurate because we will conduct a thorough background check. Any discrepancies will lower your chances of getting to the next interview stage and we’d hate to miss out on an awesome candidate! Double check that any gap years are reflected in your history, and that your education and work experience are completely accurate. Good luck!