This job might no longer be available.
San Ramon, California, United States
8 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Maintain employee records via SDS’ HRIS (BambooHR), conducting regular audits to ensure all employee fields are accurate and complete
- Ensure employee benefits enrollments are completed on time, and that all employee elections are entered correctly into our HRIS, our benefits platform, and reported properly with SDS’ benefits carriers
- Maintain HR forms online, and ensure proper processing of forms with HR and SDS management
- Act as point of contact for HR department, fielding questions and involving appropriate members of HR team as required
- Support HR Generalist with SDS’ onboarding process for new hires each week, including checking onboarding tasks are completed, updating checklists, scheduling onboarding sessions, verifying work authorization, and other onboarding related tasks
- Support SDS HR team in ensuring compliance to all Federal and State labor, wage and hour, and other laws and regulations, including required postings in the SDS studio
- Support SDS HR team in any other administrative or operational needs required by large-scale programs or initiatives such as L&D, Performance Reviews, and D&I programs
- Support HR Director with projects as needed, including research, scheduling, and/or any other logistical support (within HR team)
- Act as back-up to receptionist when needed (e.g. vacation, sick days)
- Independent, self-starter who can work with minimal supervision but knows when to reach out for support/help
- Team player who can work with various teams across SDS, including operations, game development, production, and technology
- Ability to prioritize work and projects, ensuring deadlines are met without compromising on quality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, maintaining a professional, friendly demeanor
- Ability to maintain the highest level of strict confidentiality and integrity
- Knowledge of of Federal, State, and California labor laws and regulations (a must requirement)
- Comfortable working in a high-paced technological environment, with changing demands and priorities
- Likes to have fun at work
- 1-3 years of experience in a HR Coordinator position and/or HR Assistant role, with preference in the tech industry or gaming industry
- Preference for candidates that have an HR Certification (e.g. SHRM) and/or some education in human resources
- Strong preference for candidates that have experience with BambooHR , PlanSource, Slack, Confluence/JIRA. Not required, but very helpful. Candidates without experience with these platforms must be able to demonstrate fast learning with complex, tech systems.
Note: This is a contractor, non-exempt position. 6-month contract with the possibility of conversation to a permanent, FTE role.