HR Business Partner
25 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
You are the sort of personality who thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere. You understand, are excited by, and ideally have experienced the challenges of scaling a video game company, including the need to move quickly, compromise, and wear many hats when required. You're a creative, out-of-the-box thinker, who is willing to take risks to help us build and scale.
- Be an advisor to employees and managers across the game project teams to enable them to do their best work every day.
- Mix strong business judgment with HR know-how and innovative problem-solving.
- Roll up your sleeves to execute a full range of HR duties from high-level strategy to program design.
- Drive planning and implementation of company-wide HR initiatives.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions.
- Enable and grow talent by implementing Performance Management and Learning & Development programs.
- Be well versed in compensation and rewards, including experience working with salary bands against competitive market data.
- Use insightful data to guide decision making and provide people solutions to make teams more effective.
- Resolve employee relation issues quickly and effectively, with tact and diplomacy.
- Act with integrity and ethics in handling confidential information,
- Partner with local studio leaders to reinforce culture and values,
- Strong competency within the functional areas of HR, including but not limited to:
- Employee Relations, Performance Management, Coaching, Employee Engagement, Compensation & Total Rewards, Learning & Development, LOA Management, Immigration, Compliance, Communications, and Change Management
- Bachelor’s in Human resources management or equivalent.
- 7+ years' experience in HR.
- Good knowledge of local labour laws/regulations.
- Able to work in a high pace and ever-changing environment.
- Good judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company and employees.
- Strong communication skills.
- Organization and project management skills.
- You proactively get things done.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.