HR Business Partner
14 days ago
leading marketing software provides mobile app developers a powerful set of solutions to grow their mobile apps. AppLovin’s technology platform enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. The company’s first-party content includes over 200+ popular, engaging apps and its technology brings that content to millions of users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
We are looking for a strategic HR Business Partner, based in our Toronto office, to help support our growing technical and non-technical teams, both locally and globally, and to help AppLovin continue to stand out as a great place to work. Reporting to the Director, People (North America), the ideal candidate has experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments and can help scale/manage our rapid growth. We are seeking someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations, while fostering a collaborative, open, and fun culture!
What you'll be doing:
- Provide strategic People business partnership, thought leadership, and coaching across various levels of the organization
- Collaborate with the global People Team and lead client groups through HR-related initiatives (Employee Voice Survey, performance review cycle, compensation planning, talent development, etc.)
- Provide expertise and guidance to leaders on People-related matters including organizational design, headcount planning and hiring, internal mobility, career development, performance management, engagement, recognition, and employee relations
- Assess employee development needs and recommend solutions
- Proactively analyze and identify complex people issues and trends and recommend appropriate actions
- Champion the growth and development of employee culture and morale
- Partner with the Places team to effectively execute office reopening and employee experience strategy
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years of experience, working in a strategic HR role, and working directly with senior level managers
- Experience supporting fast-paced technical and non-technical teams within a technology company (preferred)
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions, and exercise judgment with sensitive/confidential issues
- Strong coaching, conflict resolution, relationship and team building skills, and demonstrated ability to influence
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Strong ability to coach and/or counsel others
- Knowledge of Ontario and Quebec employment laws and practices
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.