Growth Marketing Manager
6 days ago
Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Growth Marketing Manager on the Performance Marketing team, you will contribute to building the largest and most passionate player base for our core games. Your time will be split between continuing to grow Episode and bringing new games to market. You will set strategy, manage budgets, and identify the best marketing channels for reaching potential users.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an analytical mindset, who is excited about applying and growing their analytical, business, interpersonal, and creative skills to the rapidly evolving mobile ecosystem for games and entertainment! This role is a part of our Storytelling Track, which develops games and projects focused on narrative storytelling and character building.
What We’ve Recently Accomplished:
- We successfully launched Episode in 5 new languages and scaled marketing campaigns across multiple ad networks
- We built out new ad creative formats, helping us connect with new players
- We refined our methodology to optimize Episode's presence on the App Store and Google Play
What You’ll Help Us to Accomplish:
- Develop a user acquisition strategy and manage the marketing budget
- Monitor day-to-day financial results, making adjustments where necessary
- Use analytical and modeling skills to understand channel economics, own performance marketing KPIs for various ad channels, and optimize campaign performance
- Coordinate end-to-end ad creation process starting from research, ideation, and production through launching ads and reporting on results
- Collaborate with creative marketing teams to develop hit creatives
- Conduct industry research and present actionable findings
- Manage relationships with external channel partners and manage our outsource vendors
- Innovate on new strategies for growing our player base
- Make meaningful contributions to company wide business needs and cultural initiatives
What You Bring to the Performance Marketing team:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, Marketing, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in a performance marketing or an analytical role
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Outstanding ability to execute swiftly, with strong attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Extra Gems for:
- Online Marketing or Mobile User Acquisition experience is a plus!
- Experience with SQL
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values .
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest an d conviction records.