Group GM Planning & Reporting
7 days ago
Job Posting TitleGroup GM Planning & Reporting
SummaryThe General Manager – Group Planning & Reporting will ensure integrity in financial plans, forecasts, month end close process and all Group reporting, analysis and presentations, both internal and external reporting. Residing in Australia and working with finance leaders and employees globally, the General Manager Group Planning & Reporting will drive accuracy and timeliness of all reporting cycles for all Group management and relevant Board reporting to enable and facilitate sound management decision making including facilitation and support for the processes and analysis required for the Executive Investment Committee (EIC).
This role also acts as a change agent and driver for continuous process improvement across Group Finance by leveraging prior experience to enhance and/or rebuild current processes to drive increased efficiency and effectiveness with a key focus on creating capacity for value-add activities.
What you'll do
- Leads a team of 8 people and 4 direct-reports across two geographies – Australia and USA. Support and drive personal and professional development. Provides direction and guidance to ensure excellence in execution and partnership with the business.
- Provides ownership of the annual group finance reporting calendar, including setting the calendar, alignment with key Board and CEO review dates, and communications with the global finance teams. Establishes stakeholder relationships across the Group to ensure effective and timely communication and execution; strong engagement is key.
- Leads consolidation of Group results for P&L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and Operating Metrics across all key reporting cycles (including monthly reporting, annual plan, forecasts, half yearly external reporting) with reporting and analysis across multiple business units, currencies and stakeholders for Board and Executive Leadership Team, effectively articulating key messages.
- Manages financial risk and opportunities across the business to support continuous disclosure obligations.
- Facilitates and supports the processes and analysis required for the Executive Investment Committee (EIC). Owns the calendar of reviews, supporting the business, reviewing business assumptions to drive visibility of major projects/initiatives at EIC.
- Leads the team of finance partners for all corporate cost centres working directly with key executives in managing, understanding and reporting their cost base across all reporting cycles, including advising on new initiatives and supporting in managing financial risks and opportunities.
- Plays a key role in integrating the reporting of acquisitions within tight timeframes, and builds automated, sustainable solutions with consideration to both internal and external reporting requirements. Establishes key relationships and works collaboratively across Aristocrat’s matrixed organization to do this effectively.
- Sustains proactive engagement in transformation initiatives across the team including systems roll outs, data initiatives and broader team capability.
- Works in partnership with peers to ensure alignment across the teams and take the lead on finance- wide initiatives to help drive and maintain broader team engagement and collaboration.
What we're looking for
- CA or CPA qualified preferred
- 8+ years relevant experience in a corporate environment, minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Experience in a global organisation with multi-regional consolidation capacity preferred
- Ability to translate technical and detailed information into a clear, concise, easy to understand message; must be skilled in telling the story to key stakeholder groups
- Critical thinker willing to challenge the status quo
- Collaborative team player respectful of time zones, geographies and cultures
- Excellent organizational skills and proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, including management of multiple projects and deliverables to tight deadlines.
- Relationship management and influencing skills
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.