Grooming Artist - Temp (SFD / Cinematics)
28 days ago
Job Title:Grooming Artist - Temp (SFD / Cinematics)
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set ? Do you have a strong dream to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
We are looking for a Temp Fur Groomer to join our cinematics team here at Blizzard Entertainment. You are experienced enough to know how to employ multiple grooming and rendering techniques, and have an eye not only for the look but a keen awareness of the technical rendering challenges.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- You will paint related texture and control maps for hair, fur and feathers in addition to grooming them.
- Lighting and rendering creatures and characters
- Work with the Surfacing Lead, CG Supervisor and technical team to ensure aesthetic and technical goals are met in a timely manner.
- Good social skills to enable you to work well in a team and take direction from clients, directors etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and take on problems independently
- Work collaboratively with members of other departments such as Lighting and Rigging to support their needs with regard to fur grooms
- 4+ Years experience using Maya in a professional environment (Game Studio, Animation Studio, VFX Studio )
- 2+ Years experience using XGen in a professional environment (Game Studio, Animation Studio, VFX Studio )
- Deep understanding of VFX Production Pipelines demonstrated with samples of your work
- A traditional arts background with emphasis on photo-realistic character work would be an advantage
To apply, please provide us with a PDF of your resume along with a link to samples of your work that we can review.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.