Software Engineer, Quality
16 days ago
The Authoring Tool and Tech department at Unity has been focused on building a streamlined and easy to use artist authoring experience within the Unity Editor. For this position, you will be working with top of the line 3D Graphics technologies that will function on a wide range of devices in order to achieve the “Create once, deploy everywhere” outcome.
We are looking for an individual passionate about Quality Assurance, C#, Unity, and Computer Graphics.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and improve upon the team’s test strategy in a collaborative manner with the development team
- Coach the development team on automated and manual test case creation best practices
- Review and assess the effectiveness of the team’s automated and manual test coverage
- Maintain the development team’s manual test suite
- Periodically run manual test cases to validate no regression of functionality has occurred
- Act as an advocate for our customers
What we’re looking for
- Experience with scripting in C#, Batch, Shell, Python, and/or Yaml
- Problem solver with a natural investigative ability to seek the best solution, not the fastest
- Experience as an automation specialist, developing and executing testing plans for low-level code systems on large complex software projects
- Experience with Unity platform or any other Real Time 3D engine.
- Experience in performance, code analysis, and debugging tools
You might also have
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Development tools experience
- Familiarity with 3D Graphics and 3D authoring tools such as Maya, Max, Blender, Gaia, and/or Substance Designer.
- Familiarity with task and bug management software like JIRA
- Familiarity with Test Suite creation software such as TestRail
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.