Graphics Test Engineer
1 month ago
Are you a highly motivated Technical Artist or Test Engineer with an interest in Graphics? Join us! You will work alongside core Unity Graphics Programmers to ensure the functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a primary tool and runtime platform for users. You will get access to new, often unannounced features and are responsible for ensuring their quality. This naturally includes testing if all the basic functionality works, but also extends to figuring out if the feature does what you would expect it to do (including workflows and usability) and creating more elaborate scenarios, usually representing real-life usage. You will get to create art, code, and produce scenes during this process utilizing all of your skills, with complete creative freedom to approach this in whichever way you prefer. You will be a part of a vertical graphics team (Automotive, Architecture, Film etc...) , which creates features for that area and you will ensure that the quality of everything they produce is up to the level of Unity.
Your graphics test engineer team colleagues will mostly be technical artists, which will allow you to share knowledge, communicate, and grow with the support of people who possess a variety of skills relevant to game development.
- Provide feedback about the state of the Unity product in order to support the development and inform development decisions
- Provide feedback on the usability of the graphics pipeline of new features
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Contribute to the continued professional growth of the team
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house, provide assistance and advice
- Experience working with, or extensive knowledge about, game graphics
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive attitude
- Great problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience using Unity
- Programming experience with scripting languages
- Work experience as a tester
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.