Los Angeles CA US
5 months ago
Damage: The Esports Agency is a full-service gaming & esports marketing & creative agency that assists brands with navigating our space. Companies hire us to help them build their brand within the ever-growing community of gamers and esports enthusiasts.
Based in Los Angeles, we are a group of gamers and agency leaders that are redefining brand marketing in gaming and esports. We understand the intricacies of this industry and our capabilities are unmatched by any agency today. Our foundation is the expertise of professional gamers, hardware marketers, agency veterans, award-winning creatives and video game industry executives, including the long-time Chief Operating Officer of Blizzard Entertainment.
We are seeking a dedicated Graphic Designer to join our growing team in Los Angeles. The candidate will collaborate with the brand team to ensure quality of concept, work produced in addition to presenting creative work to the internal team. The Graphic Designer will work directly with the creative team on conceptualizing and developing visual assets.
- Provide multiple solutions to each assignment considering any/all restrictions included in art direction.
- Develop an understanding of the science and market dynamics of assigned product(s).
- Assist in preparing materials necessary for client presentations.
- Develop the ability to communicate your knowledge of assigned product(s).
- Maintain computer archive files.
- Track, complete and submit in-house expense forms on a regular basis.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed by Art Department.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments at one time.
- Strong composition techniques in producing polished final pieces (i.e., attention to detail, good knife).
- Computer photo-retouching and image development skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of:
o Color theory and color relationships.
o Typographic terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings (i.e., points, leading, picas, kerning, tracking, cap-height, x-height etc.).
o Perspective and space relationships. Page composition and grid structures.
o Print production process and correct disking procedures.
o Photography and the photographic process.
- A minimum of an associates (2 year) degree in advertising/communication design, or visual arts. A bachelor (4-year) degree is preferred.
- 1-2 years of related experience in design or agency setting.
- If no degree is possessed, then a minimum 4 years related experience in design or agency setting is required.
- Basic computer skills. Macintosh operating platform a must. PC knowledge a plus. Experience with the following software applications are required, Quark X-press, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of widely utilized word processing application and scanning software a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively.
- Knows the nuanced difference of designing for print vs digital
- Experience in print production
- Experience in in-store POP / Retail
- Experience developing assets for social platforms
- Experience in PC gaming and/or Hardware