9 days ago
Job Title:Graphic Designer
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motion graphic designer for Overwatch and Overwatch League. You should bring your passion for video games, esports, traditional sports, lifestyle apparel, and broadcasting to your design.
Highest quality concepting, and hands-on design skills are a requirement. Additionally, the right candidate will have an awareness of current trends in marketing, online communication, sports broadcast, and new media. We are looking for a forward thinker that has a strong pulse on the Overwatch and Overwatch League design themes, strong typography skills, deep understanding of color theory, layout, and an extraordinary eye for composition. This role will dive into the established brand visual identity and will be handling successful implementation across multiple media platforms. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in all aspects of the hands-on production of assets for a variety of formats, delivering Blizzard quality and standards in remarkably quick time frames.
This role provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and development studios to produce high-quality art assets, primarily videos and motion graphics. Typical end use will include, but is not limited to, editorial, social, marketing, internal, and occasionally in-game use.
This is an opportunity for a talented, hardworking and proactive individual to grow and develop in a fast-paced environment while contributing to a wide range of exciting franchises.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties:
- Create original motion graphics assets, including lower thirds, title cards, and cinemagraphs, for use in broadcast marketing, social media marketing, and editorial projects
- Versioning GFX to various specifications including frame rates, aspect ratios, and codecs for various viewing platforms
- Update After Effects projects and other assets received from external sources
- Conform to project management and asset management standards
- Organize, archive, and back up projects
- Perform visual effects tasks including tracking, matchmoving, keying, rotoscoping and compositing
- Implement feedback from creative leads and customer groups
- Troubleshoot Audio/Video Equipment, including Apple Mac Pro and PC workstations
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Advanced knowledge of After Effects
- Demonstrable knowledge of commonly used plugins such as Element 3d and Trapcode Suite
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and execute the creation of original GFX for projects
- Ability to integrate Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro into workflow
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to take constructive criticism
- Experience with social media and digital marketing campaigns and strategies
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize projects
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- High level of attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Experience with 3D software, such as Cinema 4D, a plus
- Experience with 360 videos/VR a plus
- Experience with Keynote and Power point a plus
- Experience shooting live video/still photography a plus
- 1-2 years of experience. Video game industry experience a plus
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required (e.g. website, blog or online album)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.