28 days ago
1047 Games began with the simple principle that people should have fun while making great games. Bucking convention and driven by a passion to create the ultimate gaming experience, Ian Proulx and Nicholas Bagamian founded 1047 Games in 2017 in their Stanford dorm room. Their love for arena shooters of the past drove them to create Splitgate, a unique sci-fi first-person shooter that adds portal guns to upend the genre. What started as two computer science majors putting portals into a first-person shooter for a project demo has evolved into a VC-backed company which has raised more than
$120MM in funding.
At 1047 Games, you’ll find a permanently remote, dedicated team of top-tier talent from some of the world’s biggest gaming and tech companies who share our founders’ vision. Grit, ingenuity, a desire to have fun, and a start up mentality define our crew. And we’re just getting started.
You’re the right person if you are:
● Driven to create unique design solutions for both Marketing/Branding and In-Game needs
● A creative thinker, able to multitask, and detail oriented
● A designer excited to take on problems that are new and different (we are a small team and our tasks may change and expand)
● An excellent written and spoken communicator
● Push to find fresh design solutions that may break convention and result in something surprising for the audience
● Able to fail, learn, try again, and fail some more
● Collaborate with the Marketing and Game Art teams to develop strategically sound marketing design and visual identity solutions for the new game brand /
● Present your design solutions to teammates / partners and provide rationalization - “why” is it right?
● Be able to listen to, acknowledge, and act on team feedback for your designs.
● Provide actionable feedback to teammates on their creative output
● Proactively engage with marketing colleagues and other 1047 teammates to design solutions quickly, accurately, and on time
● Be able to balance hot weekly design tasks with longer lead time brand projects
● Minimum 4+ years experience with an in-house creative team or design agency focusing on branding systems and all marketing channel applications (Games industry experience preferred)
● Core design skills include the ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color effectively. You are driven to create and innovate.
● Experience working in an agile, fast-paced, and highly cross-functional organization
● Demonstrate ability to manage time effectively and juggle multiple priorities, resulting in high quality outcomes
● Success working with distributed teams in different time zones
● Skilled in the full Adobe base suite (focusing on design) and software such as Miro, Figma, Jira, Frame iO, etc.
● Have experience with motion graphics and or 3D software
● Experience playing Splitgate or other PC/console shooters (Halo, Fortnite, Apex,
COD, Destiny, etc.)
Your resume and portfolio showcasing excellent design skills and a strong sense of aesthetics are required. Also, don’t forget to include references and anything else you’d like to provide us to help us understand why you’re the best candidate for this position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.