Graphic Designer - UI & Illustration
7 days ago
Job Title:Graphic Designer - UI & Illustration
Diablo Immortal – Graphic Designer / UI & Illustration
Join us as we write a new chapter in the Diablo universe! Diablo Immortal is a mobile massively multiplayer action RPG set in the world of Sanctuary that allows players to slay demons anywhere, at any time, bringing a AAA game experience on mobile.
Are you a skilled Graphic Design/ UI Artist and Illustrator? Do you have a versatile skill set with a good eye, and a passion for visual problem solving? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional. Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a common love for games and our respected crafts. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to exercise a wide range of skills and so a truly rounded artist will thrive: One day it could mean creating illustrative UI, the next working on graphic design for marketing or maybe even storyboards for cinematics. This means your contribution will cover many different disciplines and your work will remain exciting and never stale. Communication and feedback is another aspect of the job. There are days where you will delegate tasks and be responsible for pointing other artists in the appropriate direction with the Art Lead. This may be in the form of written direction or paint over examples. Within our team we value our ability to wear many different hats! We all have a sense of ownership while working together to make sure we create truly inspired, AAA quality visuals from small UI details to giant marketing illustrations.
Diablo Immortal is a full-fledged action RPG designed from the ground up for mobile. You will join a veteran team of developers with a shared vision to radically raise the bar of what a mobile game can be. We value team-players who provide constructive input and are always open to feedback from others in return.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work closely with other artists and designers to either create or provide feedback for UI design, graphic design for ad campaigns.
- Digital painting/ 2d skills for a wide range of application: UI, Illustration to Corrective feedback.
- Commits to delivering on-time, high-quality assets that adhere to the Diablo Immortal brand.
- Active contribution to a variety of brand initiatives that include Graphic Design, Illustration, UI Design work and marketing collateral.
- Partner with internal/external teams to help collaborate/innovate design solutions to achieve project goals.
- Maintain the visual aesthetic and spirit of the Diablo brand while maintaining your personal design perspective.
- Have 3-5+ years working in games as a UI Designer, Illustrator, Graphic Designer, Concept Designer, or related role.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent package
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts, designs, and ideas within the timing and scope of a project.
- Ability to visually problem solve and provide feedback.
- Design and bring to life from concept and storyboard for social media ads, marketing illustrations, animated/video social media posts and presentations.
- Understanding of design fundamentals and the ability to apply Blizzard brand values on a wide variety of projects.
- Understanding and familiarity with Diablo and World of Warcraft lore, game history and design themes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in 3d software
- Proficiency in HTML5/CSS
- A passion for Diablo, video games, music, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture.
- A passion for story, art and conceptual thinking.
- Experience with illustration and painting.
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Be willing to complete a test if requested to do so