Graphic Designer III (12-Months Contract-to-Hire)
21 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at corporate.pokemon.com, LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/Pokémon), and pokemon.com.
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Graphic Designer
- Job Summary: The Graphic Designer will conceptualize, design, and produce exceptional graphics for a wide variety of highly visible applications, including but not limited to logos, event graphics, merchandise, and style guides. The Graphic Designer will own the design process, at times developing from concept through production-ready artwork. Ability to work within brand guidelines a must. As a self-starter, the Graphic Designer will use strong time management and communication skills to manage multiple concurrent projects. Under the guidance of the Creative Services Design Manager and Creative Director, the Graphic Designer will adhere to the Pokémon brand's quality standards, as well as manufacturing standards and industry best practices.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Responsible for completion of all graphic development and production steps from concept through final design, and any associated file deliveries for print or digital applications
- Researches and creates original graphics that communicates the desired feeling or message in an engaging and unified way
- Selects fonts for written copy; produces sample layout for approval by stakeholders and other project participants
- Prepares drafts of design work and provides samples to appropriate stakeholders or departments for review
- Revises projects as necessary based on collaborative feedback process
- Collaborates with team, editorial staff, manager, art director, and/or other project participants to understand project assignment, audience, and intended message
- Participates in meetings, discussions, and presentations as part of the development process
- Solves complex design problems involving brand integrity, cohesion, and business strategies
- Brings a new perspective on existing solutions
- Contributes to multiple projects simultaneously while keeping on schedule
- Meets all department and corporate business requirements, including those regarding work hours, conduct, and teamwork
- Stays up to date with ongoing developments in design applications and new print/media trends and techniques to bring consistent innovation to designs
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise.
- Strong graphic design portfolio with product design, layout design, and logos examples required with application for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Proficient in producing design work aligned with brand requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically: Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $102,000.00 - $120,650.00. The full range is $102,000.00 - $152,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.