This job might no longer be available.
Governance & Compliance Manager, EMEA
4 months ago
As Governance & Compliance Manager for Riot Esports in EMEA you will report to the Head of Competitive Operations EMEA and be part of the Competitive Operations Department in Berlin. You will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to govern and operate our Riot Esports properties in the EMEA territories.
The EMEA Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our regional competitions. Our professional and semi-professional competitive tiers in League of Legends, VALORANT and Wild Rift involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week. While these players are not employees of Riot Games, we expect everyone involved in our sports to uphold our values and to be positive role models for fans everywhere.
As Governance & Compliance Manager EMEA, you will be responsible for the areas of governance, discipline, monitoring, prevention, and enforcement for our growing esports ecosystem. You will work closely with the regional and global Competitive Operations teams to develop our strategy and tactics for handling complex disciplinary investigations and lead our day to day efforts administering discipline across our esports in the territory.
- Lead discipline and rules enforcement for our professional and semi-professional ecosystems across our multiple esports in the territory
- Partner with the Global Governance and Compliance lead to level up our existing rulesets and develop new policies and practices to position Riot at the forefront of discipline within esports / sports
- Provide best practices to our various partnered tournament organizers and the wider EMEA competitive operations team
- Drive alignment locally and globally to ensure consistency in enforcement and punishment across our different sports
- Coordinate with the legal department on compliance issues that arise with our sports across the EMEA territory
- Manage a lean team of professionals to handle day to day operational needs in this area for investigations and discipline enforcement.
- Design and execute strategy for effective prevention and education programs
- Develop and execute a strategy for managing and engaging with third party government bodies and regulators.
- 3+ years of experience in overseeing complex investigations, preferably in professional sports
- Prior experience managing strategic initiatives and building impactful practices in gaming, entertainment, and/or professional sports leagues or similar
- Ability to handle sensitive materials with total discretion
- Strong analytical ability and critical thinking skills
- Able to handle ambiguity and work under tight deadlines
- 2+ years of experience in a management position, building and overseeing a team
- Experience working cross-functionally on multiple work streams with an array of internal & external teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effectiveness in communicating across all levels of an organization
- Fluency in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Turkish, Russian, Arabic, French, German, or Spanish
- Law degree
- Experience with Sports Law and Employment Law
- Knowledge of the global esports ecosystem
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.