This job might no longer be available.
Global Product Communications and Analysis Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
2 months ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a Manager role within Business Operations team, part of the Platform Planning and Management (PPM) division of Sony Interactive Entertainment. It entails working with a London based team responsible for:
The creation of high-quality internal communications designed to support the successful introduction of new or changed products.
These communications are created for a broad business audience, describing the specifications, outcomes and operational plans relating to the release of new or changed PlayStation products.
Additional team objectives include contribution to the of high-quality competitor and product analysis.
The Business Operations team is part of the Platform Planning and Management (PPM). PPM is responsible for the creation, development, and delivery of new and changed PlayStation hardware, network, service, system, and application products.
Business Operations is responsible for the organisation and delivery of critical PPM projects including, but not restricted to, new console and platform launches, the successful introduction of changed products to market, the delivery of key PPM strategic projects and communication management with global stakeholders at both executive and working level.
Business Operations supports these outcomes by providing high functioning project management, analysis, internal communications and delivery functions all which support PPM and its global stakeholders in achieving PlayStation’s strategic vision and objectives for its products and services.
What you’ll be doing:
Product Comms and Analysis
This role is responsible for the creation and delivery of high quality internal communications, combining product specifications and global operational plans. The effect of this communication will be to drive high quality product engagement and global planning activity across SIE designed to maximise the market impact of new and changed products. It will achieve these through the creation of:
- A clear shared global understanding of product objectives and features and the impact of these prior to their release in context of product strategy and product roadmap
- Shared global understanding of operational requirements related to the launch of new or changed products prior to their release
- Clear expressions of these plans to inform stakeholder activity and Global Programme Management
Responsibilities within this role include:
- In support of the team lead, “professionalise” and “level-up” the current output of the Product Comms and Analysis function of PPM Biz Ops. This means developing an appropriate and consistent tone of voice for our communications, creating and maintaining professional templates, leading the creative processes within the team and improving the overall quality, process and effectiveness of our outputs
- Creation of product comms and documentation, and other comms
- Support for information gathering, analysis and communication of other product areas
- Information supply and stakeholder management
- Management of individual production schedule
- Feedback processing
- Driving product evangelism and awareness in own team and within global stakeholders
Additional general responsibilities
- Support for assigned PPM projects
What we are looking for:
The job requires highly developed communications, presentation, and analysis skills. It requires the capability to solicit detailed and accurate product and operational information from a diverse set of global stakeholders, the ability to process and combine these and then communicate this information across SIE business for both exec and working level audiences.
This role also requires direct ownership and responsibility for the authoring, planning, organisation and delivery of communications across multiple media including documentation, demos and presentations. All of these must be suitable for international audiences.
A detailed and deep understanding of the PlayStation platform and ecosystem is essential. As is a detailed and nuanced understanding of our players and partners. A strategic, detailed and up-to-date knowledge of the games industry, and adjacent sectors, is also required to provide context and relevant detail in communications.
A successful candidate must be capable of fostering communications across global teams consisting of diverse cultures and outlooks. An approach that can naturally balance business and product mindsets and deeply understand both perspectives is essential. An understanding of assisting and driving business decision making through the delivery of balanced, well researched and high value analysis is also a must.
You must have a proven track record in the sustained delivery of high value, high impact internal communications and close the management of the processes that underpin these. Ideally, the candidate will also have a demonstrable track-record of delivering accurate, high impact actionable competitive analysis and insight.
You must be organised and self-motivated with the ability to shift focus between highest-level strategic objectives and the smallest operational and functional details of a product with ease.
A mindset that honestly reviews and seeks feedback on output and delivers constant improvement to our communication is critical.
- Education to the minimum Bachelor’s degree standard is required. Post graduate qualifications preferred, especially in any of the related communications, research and analysis.
- A strong and adaptable writing style, presentation qualifications and skills in document and communications design are essential. Video and/or multi-media production skills will be an advantage.
- Strong written and spoken Japanese would be a benefit.
- Be a great communicator.
- Take personal accountability for your track record of delivery.
- Always base your thinking and action on substantive business and product knowledge and insight.
- Be ready to understand, value, develop, and contribute to a diverse global team.
- Passionate about serving video game players, passionate about PlayStation.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.