Global Head of Commercial
20 days ago
Global Head of Commercial
📍Manchester or Wakefield (Hybrid)
Team17 is a leading independent video games label and creative partner for developers from all over the world. We develop and publish games to bring quality gaming experiences to players across multiple platforms.
We’ve launched over 100 games, including the iconic and well-established Worms franchise, as well as Overcooked and Dredge. Our first and third party games have topped charts on most gaming platforms and we have won many awards from BAFTAs to Golden Joysticks and more.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Global Head of Commercial to lead our commercial strategy and operations across all regions.
What You Will be Working On as a Global Head of Commercial
As the Global Head of Commercial you will be responsible for driving revenue growth, developing strategic partnerships and maximising the commercial potential of our games portfolio.
- Develop and implement a global commercial strategy to drive revenue growth and market expansion
- Lead and manage a high-performing commercial team across multiple regions, providing guidance and support to achieve business objectives
- Identify new business opportunities, strategic partnerships and distribution channels to maximise the commercial potential of our games
- Collaborate with Team17 stakeholders to align commercial objectives with overall business goals
- Analyse market trends, consumer behaviour and competitor activities to inform strategic decision-making
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with our development partners, platform providers and distribution partners
What You'll Need
- Proven track record of success in sales leadership roles within the video games or entertainment industry with a focus on global markets
- Strong understanding of games industry trends, market dynamics and digital distribution platforms
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire a team
- Demonstrable experience in driving revenue growth and building sales strategies
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Exceptional negotiation, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
What's In It For You?
- Commission structure , pension matched up to 8%, Share Save Scheme and £1000 of free shares
- Dedicated learning time - In addition to organised learning and conferences, you will have 6 days per year for self-directed learning.
- Vitality private medical insurance including cover for pre-existing conditions and a discounted Bupa dental plan along with structured internal support for mental well being
- Game Console loans of up to £500, game keys, access to our annual Team17 Fest, free use of pool tables, office gaming competitions. Oh, and look out for a range of treats sent to your home throughout the year celebrating Life at Team17 and our successes!
The Interview Process
The interview process is made up of 4 stages:
- Screening call (20 minutes) – with the Talent Acquisition Team to discuss your application, a brief summary of your experience and run over the expectations of the role.
- Interview (60 minutes) – You’ll meet our Global Commercial Director who will discuss your background, technical experience and future aspirations, and this is a great opportunity for you to ask any questions you have regarding the business or role.
- Presentation (60+Minutes) - Present on a chosen title followed by situational-based questions.
- Coffee Chat (30 minutes) - Meet the whole Commercial team who would report into this role to ensure culture fit and team alignment.
You will have the chance to speak to our people team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this, please contact email@example.com.
Team17 is an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in! Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business.
We can provide suitable adjustments for you during our recruitment processes from audio support to extra time on assessments. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Team17, please let us know in the notes section of your application and be reassured that this will not affect your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.