This job might no longer be available.
Global Community Manager, Niantic
San Francisco, CA
4 months ago
At Niantic, we’re passionate about real world, social, mobile games that inspire players to go on adventures on foot with others. Do you share this passion and want to help encourage others to step outside and go on an adventure? If so, our Marketing team is seeking a Community Manager to help craft quality community marketing and engagement programs which celebrate these passions. We’re looking for someone who is hardworking with proven communication and written skills and experience growing a brand’s presence online. If you're a knowledgeable ‘expert’ who knows a thing or two about communications, leading a community, and the latest social media trends, we'd love to hear from you.
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively with the team to plan, manage, and execute cross-channel campaigns driving awareness of our company mission. You'll also own the creation of creative, community-first campaigns and engagement plans to support various new product launches, events, and social impact activities. You'll also work alongside the Niantic global marketing team to drive player engagement, retention, and online acquisition. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead the development of cross-channel community campaigns for product launches, recruiting efforts, events, and surfacing Niantic values.
- Identify, amplify, and engage with high-quality user, employee, or third-party generated content.
- Build trust and motivate interaction with Niantic channels through engagement programs.
- Develop internal engagement strategies which encourage sharing and celebrating what makes Niantic special.
- Generate high-quality blog and social content by gathering input from a cross-functional group of partners.
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed reports on community sentiment and community concerns surrounding our brand and products.
- Represent the voice of Niantic players and developer communities in meetings with partners of varying levels and job functions.
- Represent the company online and at events.
- Deep, demonstrated experience in online community building, forum operations, and social media methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Over 5 years experience with brand communications, community management, and social media channel management.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management.
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and how they can be used to achieve business goals.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to work long hours and weekends when needed.
- Able to travel, including international.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of the Niantic brand, it’s games, and it’s community, as well as popular gaming communities.
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines is a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg.