Global Brand Manager
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 months ago
505 Games is seeking a Global Brand Manager to take a leadership role and own the future of 505’s most anticipated brands. In this role, you will be involved in many facets of brand management. You will not be a passenger, you will drive . This role will report to the Global Brand Director and will require you to stretch your wings and exert yourself in order to drive existing revenues and find new streams of revenue.
The Perfect Candidate
We are looking for Candidates who:
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset – See the opportunity, evaluate it, then mobilize
- Can prioritize & follow through – You know what is critical and will get it done
- Think with both sides of their brain – You see art through an analytical lens
- Can improvise – Identify the root-problem, develop a strategy, and overcome
- Take their work seriously, but don’t take themselves seriously – You’re confident in your skills, comfortable asking for help, and don’t mind admitting when you’ve fallen short
In summary, if you like brand strategy, you enjoy the creative process and want work on different types of games… please read further.
Roles, Responsibilities & Experience
- Set business / operating results (Profit, Costs, and Revenue).
- Manage P&L’s and annual business strategies, in a manner consistent with fact-based business plan building, for assigned brands.
- Lead the creation of central, global strategies and tactics for maximizing brand profitability through demonstrated knowledge of the consumer target, competitive environment, and brand equities.
- Meet or exceed unit and revenue sales goals for assigned brands in the annual budget by taking a profit-maximization approach to Marketing and Brand Management.
- Actively manage brand lifecycle by advising sales team of launch quantities, pricing strategies, sell in, sell through, channel inventory, and the competitive environment.
- Slice-and-dice sales data to discover trends and identify revenue gaps.
- Use consumer research to understand and define target audience.
- Clearly communicate strategies, risks and opportunities for assigned brands to all levels of the organization.
- Utilize and deploy cross-functional teams (PR, Social Media, Sales, Trade Marketing, Operations, Production Services, and Finance) to deliver successful product launches and business results.
- Track all marketing activity in such a way that marketing teams can readily identify successes and areas of improvement.
- You have some experience with crowdfunding strategies and how to navigate and leverage these communities.
- Develop and implement brand learning plans/post-mortems that measure return on marketing investment and provide feedback on how to improve future marketing efforts.
- Establish effective working relationships with territory-based teams (PR, Trade, Sales, Promotions, Events, & Online) Development teams, and Senior Management.
- Evangelize brand to external partners (1st parties, Licensors, Retailers, and Agencies) and by sharing best practices with marketing colleagues.
- Support industry events and retailer meetings when required.
- Strategic Thinking (Long term brand planning, annual marketing plans)
- Financial Analysis (P&L management, trend analysis, forecasting)
- Business Insights (Understanding issues, leveraging research, asking questions)
- Consumer Insights (Targeting, segmentation, advertising trends, consumer trends)
- Excel (Medium to high proficiency – comfortable navigating pivot tables)
- Globally focused – Can flourish as a member of a global virtual team structure spanning multiple time zones and cultures
- Commercially Focused – Business & Financially Savvy (includes the ability to identify new opportunities)
- Planning, Organizing and Execution – You are good with project and process management.
- Communication & Influence – You can develop and sell strategies to your partners by anticipating what they need to hear, understand and feel in order to buy-in
- Relationship Management – Navigating different personalities, having hard conversations, compromising to get results
- Creativity and Innovation especially with problem-solving – “Where there is a will, there is a way”
- Frugality – You have a thirst for results, and you want to accomplish more with less through resourcefulness and invention.
- Self-Management / Self-Starter – but also team-oriented when necessary
- Leadership – Management of cross functional teams
- Holistic Approach – Think broadly across the organization and takes into consideration how functional actions impact overall business results
- 5+ years of experience as a brand marketer, marketing manager or product manager
- Experience in the video game, consumer electronics, CPG or publishing categories is preferred
- Moderate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Moderate proficiency in a project management software (wrike, basecamp, Jira, teamwork, trello, etc)
- Previous experience managing budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA not required, but also doesn’t hurt either)
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally