10 days ago
Ubisoft Halifax has an opening for a Generalist Programmer. We are looking for someone who can create high performing, robust code to help bring fantastic concepts to life. You will collaborate with programmers and designers to develop game features and functionality. The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation, modification and maintenance of game code and supporting tools.
- Planning, designing, and implementing efficient and maintainable code in C# with Unity.
- Designing and programming game systems that meet production goals and follow SOLID principles.
- Implementing 3rd party SDKs into Unity projects
- Meeting time commitments to design, develop, and/or optimize gameplay features on mobile projects within Unity.
- Audit on legacy systems to figure out optimizations and improvements.
- Communicating implementation resolutions both verbally and in documentation to key stakeholders
- Aiding more junior developers with coming up to speed quickly.
- Working with Unity packages and CI/CD pipeline workflow.
- Porting existing code bases to multiple platforms within the Unity framework
- Writing technical documentation/diagrams for the purposes of feature planning, and communicating software architecture.
- A graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or demonstrable work experience
- A positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- At least 2 years of experience in cross-platform development using Unity on Android and/or IOS platforms
- Strong object-oriented design skills and proficiency in C# programming and debugging
- Ability to work effectively and autonomously with little direction
- Experience working with Unity animations and models in 3D space
- Experience with Live and Online-related SDKs or implementations in Unity (telemetry, IAPs, cloud saves, data storage).
- Understanding and experience with building and deploying an application from code to mobile device.
- Demonstrated interest in best practices, self-improvement, skill development and the ability to take direction and function as part of a team
- Passion for improving the quality of software architecture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What can we offer you!
- Competitive salary scale
- Additional paid time off over the Christmas holiday break
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision care.
- A hybrid working model
- Flexible work hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
- Summer months bring ‘Summer Fridays’
- And an international and diverse team
Ubisoft Halifax is the newest Ubisoft Studio to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft's first exclusively Mobile studio, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IP’s. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Our studio is located in the heart of the city (Halifax, Kjipuktuk in the Mi'kmaw native language).The Halifax Harbour is in view from our windows and lunch breaks can be spent on the boardwalk or at one of the many restaurants and cafes that populate the downtown core. The studio culture is dynamic, with communication happening constantly between teams with an emphasis on team building and collaboration!
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States, a founding City full of forts, historic buildings, and award-winning modern architecture. Being a city with three Universities, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types: unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We Value Diversity!
Here at Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to lend a helping hand. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please apply through the Ubisoft website https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/search.aspx
- Cover letter including salary expectations (in pdf).
- Current CV/ Resume. Please make sure that the durations of your education and employment on your resume are included in month/year format. (in pdf)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of inquires, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.