Senior Generalist Engineer - New IP
18 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented Senior Generalist Engineer. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving. We also expect you to work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best game play experience possible. An ideal profile would be a Senior Generalist knowledgeable in multiple areas, such as Rendering, Systems, Audio, Gameplay, Animation etc.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes gameplay systems and tools.
- Works closely with the design, level design and game play team to ensure gameplay features deliver on their creative vision.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Consult with other Engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 5+ years of software experience in the games industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Highly proficient in C++ (familiarity with UE5 is a plus).
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Experience in networked real-time multiplayer games.
- Experience servicing a live service product is a plus.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.