Gear Artist OR Vehicle Artist
17 days ago
Title:- Gear Artist OR Vehicle Artist
**Note**: Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
Advise on and improve the creation of Licensed and Un-licensed Vehicles and ensure that vehicles can be successfully integrated into the game while supporting the lead artist on management focused tasks.
• Create complex assets which can be shared across multiple projects in respect of technical and artistic constraints;
• Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
• Express any ideas which may add to the project mandate;
• Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
• Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
• Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
• Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
• Ensure vehicles fit within the defined memory constraints to keep within the target Frame Rate;
• Support the Lead Vehicle artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• In-depth knowledge of modeling techniques, texture mapping, materials and shaders;
• Excellent knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software packages;
• A technical problem solving mindset is essential;
• Strong knowledge of vehicle design principles;
• Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to in-game engines;
• Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
• Knowledge of industry game engines and production pipelines;
• Strong knowledge of the video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
• Work experience in graphic design, modelling or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
• Has shipped at least 2 game as a vehicle/model artist; preferably full project cycle on ‘AAA’ console title.
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studio in Pune!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.