Games UX Designer
14 days ago
Amazon Games is seeking an experienced Games UX Designer to join the New World team in Irvine, CA. New World is an MMORPG with tons of existing features and new features in development. We need someone to join our team who can help us define, refine, and implement a stunning yet intuitive UI that will be familiar to MMO players, yet delightfully surprising.
· Work with game designers to translate the needs of new features into comprehensive, end-to-end UI flows.
· Ramp up quickly on the game's established look and interaction rules and make your designs fit seamlessly into the whole product
· React quickly and thoroughly to stakeholder reviews and feedback
· Identify likely user pain points, and work with User Researchers to devise fast usability tests that you will use to perfect your designs
· Own your designs fully, making recommendations on priority decisions during implementation and in response to customer and stakeholder feedback
· Generate static and animated mock-ups showing how your designs move and respond to user interaction
· Follow, and help develop, the game's UI Style Guide and Design System documentation in order to achieve consistency and speedy implementation
· Generate high-quality sketches, graphics, templates, layouts, themes, typography, and other assets suitable for use in game software or for brand promotion and merchandising
Amazon Games applies the principles of Amazonian culture to the world of game design. We have a diverse team of talented, creative people pairing their love of making games with the unique strengths that come with being part of Amazon. Across all of our teams and locations, we are united by a common purpose: to share great gaming experiences with customers around the world. We believe in a future where everyone is a gamer and everyone can create, compete, collaborate and connect through games, and we are looking for the right people to help us build that future. With the power of Twitch and AWS at your fingertips, you will have the chance to innovate in gameplay, creativity, marketing, and technology, while working alongside some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Inclusive Culture, Work/Life Balance, & Career Growth
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
· 3+ years working on AAA video games
· 1+ shipped video game title
· A portfolio showing artwork and designs that you have personally created, both for your shipped games and personal / unshipped projects
· 5+ years professional experience with Photoshop and familiarity with an animation tool like After Effects
· You are willing to take a brief (~2 hour) at-home art test
· Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or equivalent
· Mastery of Photoshop and After Effects
· Experience with 3D motion design, either in film or video games
· Very comfortable using a scripting language to implement animations, art assets, and layout fine-tuning in live software
· Deep love for MMORPGs and an understanding of what makes MMO UI design unique
· Can name at least 30 fonts by sight
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principle requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.