Tarsier is on the verge of great things. We'd love to say we're there already, but that would just be lying to sound cool in a job ad. So we're close, but we need more top people to help us get there, and that's what we're looking for right now! We're just about to head out on our next set of adventures, making world-class games with top publishers; all the while pushing the bar of what comes next with our in-house concept team. Tarsier is all about great ideas executed to perfection, and if you want to be part of it, why not see if you fit the bill.
As a Gameplay Programmer at Tarsier, it is your job to work closely with the designers and your fellow engineers, to turn their hearts-desires into playable mechanics, features and systems, and polish them to excellence. You have a great feel for games and understand quality gameplay. With the help of your team, you can take it all the way to perfection. You will need to delve into your bag of tricks to find the right solution to the problem, help the designers with what they need and at the same time ensure that the entire code base stays clean, efficient and functional. As an engineer, you like solving problems and exploring new ways to make the game better for the players and more easy to work with for the rest of the team.
- Support content creators to develop high-quality gameplay systems and mechanics
- Cross-discipline collaboration with design, art, audio and production
- Actively participate in syncs, show-and-tells, team building events and information sharing initiatives
- Adhere to and actively influence best practices and processes
- Be a positive and professional influence to your team and the company!
- Fluent in C++ and expert gameplay and generalist programmer
- Good knowledge and experience in UE 4.
- Currently in a junior or regular programming role on a game development team.
- Able to work well in a multidisciplinary and iterative environment
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Willing to relocate to Malmö, Sweden (or commute within the area
- Memory management, CPU & GPU optimization
- Developed Atmospheric or Action Adventure games
- Experience working with AI
- Experience with animation programming
- Shipped networked games or worked with online services
- Other game engine experience
- Experience with additional middleware systems
What we offer
At Tarsier Studios, we believe in quality above all else; but quality is the residue of care, and most of all, care for people. So our great perks, like 6 weeks vacation, flexible working hours, company-paid supplemental pension and sick leave insurance, additional health allowance and a relocation package, are not there just to make people happy, but to ensure we reach the highest quality bar possible. Making great games means demanding a lot from people, but that doesn't mean we can’t take good care of them while we do so. That is the Tarsier way and what we offer to all our colleagues.