18 days ago
Want to work in a growing new studio with industry experts on an exciting new project? We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer with professional experience developing games in Unreal Engine. We want someone who will collaborate with our team to build gameplay systems, explore design implementations, and make improvements through regular iteration and playtests.
As a Gameplay Engineer at C77, you will play a vital role in building the bridge between game design, art, and the way our game plays. In this role you’ll be implementing gameplay systems, prototyping rapidly, and making code performant and ready for players to enjoy. You’ll be joining our team of engineers who are looking for someone to help tackle the core components of what makes our game fun to play.
- Design and maintain features in C++.
- Work closely with the team to support creation of industry leading gameplay.
- Engage with the team to understand the big picture goals of the project.
- Work within best practices for the project and build on strong foundations that can be both modified and expanded upon.
- Author content effectively and efficiently within memory budgets and performance constraints.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in networking, gameplay, or live services programming at a video game studio.
- C/C++ experience or equivalent.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current industry techniques and systems.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Unreal Engine experience.
- Knowledge of shader and graphics programming techniques.
- Experience with in-game UI such as the HUD.
C77 is led by Mattias Kylén and Kenny Magnusson; two Swedes with a long history in the industry. Together they've worked on several award-winning AAA titles, including leadership roles on franchise development teams such as Halo, Battlefield, and Mercenaries. Since C77 began in 2019, we’ve grown our studio by adding passionate developers with deep experience in AAA game development and VFX as we continue work on our first game.
Some of the full-time benefits of working at C77 include
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Group health insurance including health, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401K Retirement Plan.
- 20 Days of PTO + 15 Paid Holidays annually.
- Wellness Reimbursement Program.
- Commuter transportation stipend.
- Life Insurance.
- Professional Development & Coaching support.
- Flexible work from home days.
- Paid relocation to Seattle if desired,
- Remote or work from Seattle office.