Gameplay Engineer (Senior or Above)
21 days ago
OCP is Looking for a Gameplay Engineer (Senior and Above)
In a Gameplay Engineer position at OCP, you’ll help define the fun and technical components of gameplay. Your focus is on extensible, reusable code with an eye toward user-generated content. You love considering game feel and applying your knowledge of new games as well as canon to engagement and problem-solving. Based on your experience, you’re capable of being an individual contributor who is willing to share their knowledge and mentor others.
For this role, we’re open to candidates who are at a Senior level or above (e.g., Staff or Principal).
What You Will Do:
- Create high-performance, dynamic games using your equal love of prototyping and planning
- Work collaboratively with a range of technical and creative colleagues to define the mechanics, look, and feel of an ambitious game experiences
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of multiplayer game features
- Build sustainable and maintainable technologies
- Own whole aspects of innovative feature and/or system development, considering scalability and performance
Need to Have
- Extensive game development experience using C++
- Understanding of multiplayer game networking
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a cross-discipline team
- Ability to successfully communicate and collaborate in a remote environment
Nice to Have
- Proficiency with real-time engines, preferably Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience developing multiplayer games
OCP targets paying base salaries in the top 75th percentile of similarly situated companies in each country where we have employees. This means that pay ranges differ from country to country. However, regardless of where the employee is located, we aim to be at least in the top fourth of the relevant market. In addition, OCP is dedicated to providing generous equity incentives and benefits to every employee. U.S. residents, click here for more information about OCP's compensation philosophy and pay transparency information.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.