13 days ago
IO Interactive is currently looking for a full-time Gameplay Director to join Project 007, a brand new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IOI.
Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favourite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.
Are you a creative idea-maker? Can you turn these ideas into actionable systems that reaches the player? Are you excited about the prospect of being part of developing the gameplay vision of Project 007? Then keep reading!
As a Gameplay Director with us at IO Interactive you will be an instrumental part of creating, presenting and maintaining the vision and overall quality of the game in close collaboration with the game management team. Your vast experience and confidence as a gameplay director within AAA game development enables you to implement processes, for example for reviews and feedback, as well as your skills and experience with presentation and understanding of social dynamics will be essential when it comes to getting the wider team on the same page and to work in the same direction. We value honesty and transparency – both in the good times and the bad – and we believe that open communication best drives us to the common goal of reaching world-class quality and excitement for our players – and we hope you do too.
What you will do:
Who you are:
- Define and communicate the gameplay vision within the overall game vision
- Develop clear models and frameworks for team to deliver high quality gameplay that achieves the game vision
- Establish standards and bring new knowledge to the studio within 3Cs implementation (camera, controls, character) and combat.
- Represent gameplay design in the game management team
- Work with directors, leads and team to realize the gameplay vision across the title
- Clearly communicate gameplay expectations throughout all phases of development
- Help develop and mentor lead game designers and game designers
- Establish culture and best practices for design within the team
- Define gameplay priorities throughout development
- Provide constant constructive feedback to deliver high quality results
- Accomplished game designer with extensive experience and at least one published AAA title in Director or Associate Director capacity.
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of a AAA game, which means that you know what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experiences.
- You have thorough experience with 3Cs (character, camera, controls) and combat from your previous work on AAA titles.
- Effective at directing prototypes as well as full feature implementation to get to high quality quickly.
- Able to develop plans and give clear direction to both internal and external team members.
- Possess a problem-solving attitude, and are able to look past immediate technical constraints.
- Able to respond elegantly to creative changes, at any part of the process, using an analytical and organized approach.
- A mentor who is comfortable guiding designers to grow their craft
- An effective communicator able to clearly communicate both upwards and to the team
We would love if you had:
Who we are:
- Relevant design education
- Work showcases (E. g. in published games, on personal website, or on YouTube).
A team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people of over 30 nationalities working in our Copenhagen, Malmö and Barcelona studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate, and are supported, valued and listened to at all steps. We are dedicated to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in our Copenhagen, Malmö or Barcelona studios. We welcome candidates from all over the world and we are looking forward to hearing from you! Please submit your application in English. If you have any questions at all, please reach out to Marina at firstname.lastname@example.org.