Gameplay Designer (Remote)
20 days ago
Midnight Society is a AAA game development studio building a PvPvE online multiplayer game that leverages a platform focused on providing early access to our pre-launched titles, ability to trade and sell entitlements earned in games.
Our early Access Pass model, currently in its Founder’s stage, has over 400k users signed up within a week to participate with 10k already approved and playing early Snapshot builds. Our approach and studio is currently backed by founders who are veterans of the game industry with multiple past exits, several prominent venture capital firms, angel investors, and influential strategic partners.
We support fully remote development and offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages for team members and their families. We are focused on building a 'Day Zero' Community, incorporating player involvement at all stages of development.
In this role you will
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and design team on weapon, gadget, player trait designs
- Obsess over the timing of reloads, fire rates, movement speed, health values, etc
- Iterate core combat mechanics to capture the desired feel and pacing
- Debate and fight for the perfect TTK based on playtesting and Midnight Society player feedback
- Rapidly prototype and iterate core combat mechanics
The ideal candidate will posses
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 2-5 years experience in a combat design role of a AAA game
- The ability to debate your favorite weapon in your favorite game and what makes it good
- Unreal engine experience
- A passion for the shooter genre as a whole
- Thrive on constructive criticism and a drive for perfection
- Embrace a constantly evolving meta and innovate with it
- a willingness to vault or abandon weapon systems that outlive their use within a greater design