Gameplay Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
1 month ago
Gameplay Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
We are looking for an experienced Game Deisgner to join our EA Sports FC team. The Gameplay Designer's mission is to help create the most engaging and fun in-game experience for our players. You will have a mix of football knowledge and the FC Gameplay mechanics like passing, shooting, etc.
Understanding of the game and drive/passion to improve it are important qualities. You will combine video games, football, high-level direction, prioritization and strategic decision-making for the Gameplay team.
This role will report to the Game Design Director.
- Own and develop gameplay features from pitching through to release.
- Communicate the game's design to the team.
- Incorporate ideas and feedback from across the gameplay team.
- Work with animation, art, audio, design, programming, and visual effects to develop your features.
- Give concise and helpful feedback to help improve all aspects of the game.
- Contribute to the development of tools and design processes to improve how we work.
- At least 3+ years of experience in a game production, design or tech role.
- Design credits on at least one title where you were responsible for a full gameplay feature.
- Strong knowledge of soccer and the EA SPORTS™ FC video game.
- Technical proficiency in 3D game engines.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.