Malmö Skåne County se
13 days ago
In February 2017, it was announced that we are embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a part of the Gameplay Animation team at Massive, you will work closely with our talented team of Tech Artists, Tech Animators, Designers, and Programmers, to craft stunning gameplay animation systems. This is an amazing opportunity if your interests peak beyond animation.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Working with both key-frame and motion capture animation to bring our characters to life.
- When needed, opportunities to work with and direct Motion Capture shoots.
- Collaborating with Tech Art, Tech Animation, Design, and Code to build compelling gameplay animation systems.
- Continuously push the quality of character and creature animation to the highest level.
- Coordination with your peers, Leads, and Directors to proactively solve problems, in order to deliver on schedule.
You as a person
Your history of delivering high-quality, but at the same time creative animation - where the boundaries of what animation and gameplay systems mean, is pushed - makes you a source of inspiration when collaborating with other disciplines. Your ability to see the bigger picture makes you a reliable team player and efficient communicator when finding the best solution to both long and short-term challenges is of the essence. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of professional Gameplay Animation experience, focused on gameplay animation systems, in the video game industry, with at least 1 AAA title shipped.
- Relevant and updated demo-reel.
- Experience working within Unreal and/or Unity, or similar engines.
- Experience in bipedal, creature, and mechanical animation.
- Experience with both key-frame and motion capture animation.
- Experience with facial animation is a plus.
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, pleasecheck-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.