Game Developer (AI)
2 months ago
World of Tanks development team is looking for a specialist for the position of Game developer (AI).
As part of the team, you will improve, optimize and support the game engine AI implementation and its creation tools for World of Tanks PC. You will be working in a mixed-skillset Engineers team on the WoT product and AI core features in collaboration with the colleagues from other Wargaming studios. That includes both low-level AI core system features with you being involved in defining and expanding the AI core development vision and future features, as well as working on application-level features needed for the WoT product itself.
The teams are distributed geographically but share the same time zone.
You will report to the team’s Producer and Solution Architect with your day-to-day tasks and activities.
What will you do?
- Work closely with game designers to transform their AI-related artistic vision, ideas and requests into working tech in our product
- Implement state-of-the art AI tech and features to significantly enhance the players’ experience
- Keep the product code well-optimized and performing on the vast variety of the supported hardware
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of professional experience working on AI
- AI concepts, tools and architecture (behavior trees, goal-based agents, etc.)
- C++17 programming language
- Mathematics background (logic, linear algebra, geometry, statistics and probability, etc.)
- Scripting languages experience (Python, Lua, any will do)
- Intermediate or higher English level
- Russian language skills on Pre-Advanced level
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Passion for games and desire to develop in game development
- World of Tanks playing experience.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.