This job might no longer be available.
Game Writer (6-month term)
14 days ago
**This is a 6-month term position with the possibility for extension. The successful candidate must be based in Canada or London, UK.**
Improbable Games Canada is searching for a talented writer to contribute to our unannounced MMORPG!
We are driven by a shared passion for creating immersive, inclusive experiences, and we want these values to be reflected in how we define and develop the voices of our characters. Though the primary focus of our new Game Writer will be on creating compelling, concise character dialogue, there will be opportunities to contribute on a broader level to the narrative team depending on the successful candidate’s background and interests. So if you have a passion for bringing characters to life - we want to hear from you!
Areas of Impact
- Assist in the creation and execution of our story with a focus on writing character dialogue (and other narrative elements as required).
- Define and develop the voice of characters within the context of the larger IP.
- Assist in the design and development of our narrative tools and pipelines.
- Own and drive specific areas of narrative content.
- Create and maintain all related documentation.
- Provide meaningful, valid feedback to the Design and Narrative teams during play sessions.
- Work with any freelancers/contractors to ensure character and story consistency.
We would like to hear from you
- Professional experience in scriptwriting or relevant experience on 2-3 shipped titles
- Understanding of narrative game design, stories, and dialogue and their impact to player experience
- Portfolio / writing samples available
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
COVID-19 Studio Guidelines
The health, safety, and well being of our team members is of the utmost importance to our studio. As such, we have transitioned to remote work by default until a time at which we can safely return to the office. This means that all interviews, "onsite" interviews, office tours, and onboarding will be done over videoconference (or phone).
We also recognize the impact the pandemic is having on all of us personally, and work hard to create a culture where mental health and wellness are valued and supported. If you have any questions or concerns about our studio policy, please don't hesitate to raise them with your recruiter.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.