This job might no longer be available.
Game Writer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
26 days ago
For a yetunannounced project developed at Ubisoft Mainz we are looking for a Game Writer (f/m/d). This new project, not related to the ANNO series, has a strong narrative focus, so it is your opportunity to shine! You would work in such varied areas as dialogue writing, systemic game texts, world building, story, and character development. You will be part of a carefully selected and highly motivated team of developers.
- Write in-game-text and dialogue following form and content
- Create characters and the subsequent text and voice lines
- Creation and support of the audio book
- Support the conception of narrative concepts
- Support story and world building (lore)
- Work with internal tools to manage text creation, localization, and version control
- Lecture and rework 3rd party text contents
- Create additional game text for UI and marketing
- Closely collaborate with all disciplines inside a focused team
What you bring:
- Valid experience as a game, screen, or creative writer
- Excellent writing skills
- Native English language level
- A broad area of interest exceeding games
- Team player with a positive mindset
- A superior motivation to create high quality content
- Ability to work with digital text management tools
- Knowledge and interest in psychology, philosophy, and history
- Interest in literature (e.g. Poe, Lovecraft, Jackson, Maurier) and pop culture (horror)
- German language skills are a plus
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Please provide samples of your writing/previous work with your application.
What we offer:
- Relocation support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops, and access to our training and development platform as well as to our in-house library
- Discounted and free games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid work model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month
- Company Pension Scheme: We offer an attractive company pension scheme
- Gym subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice
- English and German online lessons for free: Good to know: Our main language in the studio is English
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- Corporate Benefits web portal: Employee discount program for affiliated retailers, shops, and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.