This job might no longer be available.
Game UI Technical Designer
19 days ago
A Designer who can bridge the gap between programmer and UI Design team, participate in the design, prototyping, creation, and integration of the graphic elements of the game interface and menu. You will organize the architecture of the UI graphic elements and find solutions to facilitate access to the navigation menu and make the game "user friendly".
- Design UI Elements for the project
- Data Integration, maintenance & Debugging
- Documenting design, and tech design pipelines
- Data reviews
- Take an active role in designing and validation of the UI features.
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with the management and anticipate any issue on the design, art, and animation pipeline.
- Collaborate closely with other Programmers and families to develop and optimize the tools/pipelines used in project.
- Collaborating with leads to achieving the best results.
- Collaborate with programmers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
- Solve challenging design and technical issues.
- Collaborate with partner studios to share design, technology, and best practices.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the video game sector and similar tech experience is necessary.
- Previous experience in an equivalent position
- Familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator software or other visual design tools
- Experience in real time game engines and knowledge of code or scripting languages (C++, C#, Python ...)
- Extensive knowledge of UI in games across multiple genres on all platforms.
- Proficient level of English that allows you to work in an English-speaking professional environment.
- Good knowledge of the video game industry
- Collaborator, you have good people skills and can work autonomously.
- Impressive knowledge of UI/UX design.
- Excellent technical knowledge of the editors (Unreal, Unity etc.) and good understanding of scripting (visual and/or writing).
- Clear understanding of the video game development process.
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize his/her own work.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Coaching skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Would be a plus:
- Good understanding of game design and level design
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements.
- Initiative-taking and pro-active.
- Cheerful outlook and a genuine collaborator.
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- International game projects & IP’s.
- Access to cutting-edge hardware.
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines.
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status and will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft is a leading developer and publisher of video games worldwide whose brand portfolio covers blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed, Watch Dogs, The Division, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Rayman, Just Dance as well as games for the whole family, from Imagine and Petz to Raving Rabbids. To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for new talent for its growing Indian studios!
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you have the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth
To continue building on its achievements for the future, Ubisoft is looking for talented candidates for its growing Indian studios!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.